Author Topic: It's been over a YEAR and I sill can't find parents or any siblings HELP PLEASE  (Read 1500 times)

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Iam still stuck and it's been over a year and I still can't find any more info completely stuck
So can anyone help
Who where Roberts parents could they have been called robert and henrietta??

Robert Moodie 1740 - 1795 Born: Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland Died: Walls, Shetland

Help please to find his parents and siblings
Rolling info might be helpful?

Family Search data from OPRs show Robert Moodie (or Mudie) had 4 girls and a boy between 1763 and 1771 in Dunfermline. There is a birth for Anne Wardlaw 10 March 1740 also in Dunfermline - parents Andrew Wardlaw and Mary Weemyss (usual spelling  Wemyss). If Robert and Anne followed Scottish naming pattern this would mean first girl would be expected to be called Mary, after Anne's mother. The first child/daughter found for Robert and Anne was Mary born 18 Oct. 1763 suggesting that the Anne born to Andrew and Mary Wardlaw could well be the correct Anne. The first boy found was Robert born 9th June 1765 suggesting that Robert Moodie's father would be Robert. Second daughter found for Robert and Anne was Henrietta in 1767 suggesting Robert's mother was Henrietta
SCOBEL,SCOBELL,SCOBALL MILLER,AUSTIN, WARD,

JARVIS, HEADIN, WILSON, COCKBURN, THURLEY

MOODIE, MOODY, WARDLAW, DRYELLY, WILSON, BROUN, DRYELIE, HUNTER, DONALD, CORKRAN, STEPHENSON, WILKLE, WALKER, MASON,  MARTIN, SCOT

LUSTY, PIKE, PAYNE, THORNTON, KILBOURN, TOWN, BROWNHEAD, FULLER, INCH, DALBY, KENNARD, KITCHENER, RAE, LAWS, PENNY, WADDELL, SIMPSON, PERCRIAUX, ARMITAGE, BRICKLAND

BENNETT, MASON, ROBERTS, STEPHSON, MITCHELL,OWEN, HARROP, NORTON, HODGSON, HARRINGTON, ALLEN, FAIRBURN,HIRST, ROMA

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!