Author Topic: John. Thompson & martha Miller.  (Read 9172 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline tammiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John. Thompson & martha Miller.
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 07 October 15 10:54 BST (UK) »
Thankyou  aghadowey

Offline tammiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 08 October 15 18:39 BST (UK) »
 Hi,  Thanks again Aghadowey. Re John & Martha . Found the correct church, Tamlaght. O. Crilly Lower, in inishush. We are meeting with Rev Stewart, tomorrow at the church to see the original records.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 08 October 15 19:41 BST (UK) »
Are you sure that you have found the correct church? earlier you said it was "Parish Church of Tamlaght O Crilly  Town" or did you mean Tamlaght O'Crilly Lower?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline tammiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 08 October 15 20:20 BST (UK) »
Hi, I thought it said Town, But yesterday we went to /St  Nossonus in  inishush and took some photo,s of the outside. Then we went back to Tamlaght  o. Crilly and found the Church of  Ireland , Church down a drive way behind the Orange Hall  and took more photo,s. There were some ladies in the Church and said they were Upper ,then after looking at the word town thought it could be Lower, so I sent the Rev Stewart an Email asking could he confirm which Church as he is over both of them and he Kindly said did we want to see the  actual entry and to look round the church  ,so it is the Lower , thanks again.

Offline tammiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 20 October 15 20:18 BST (UK) »
Hi, After our visiting N Ireland two weeks ago ,I have found out my husbands ggrandfather was born in Craignageeragh in about 1840, his Father being also a John THompson . There is a John Thompson in the griffiths land registry  thinking this could be his father .i was wondering is there a church of Ireland church in Craignageeragh . To see if ggrandfather John was married there ,no idea of his wife's name and also buried there .any help would be appreciated.

Offline brfoster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 24 March 18 08:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi tammiegirl,

Hello from Australia. I know this is very late but I also am a descendant of James THOMPSON and Elizabeth CRAWFORD from Portglenone. Their son William THOMPSON (b. ~1843) emigrated to Australia in 1864. William had a son David THOMPSON who was my maternal grandfather. Our family records here show that William's father was definitely JAMES and was born in 1809. I would be interested in any other info that you may have found in the years since your last post here in 2015.

Kind regards,
Brian Foster

Offline tammiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 24 March 18 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian,
I thought John Thompson was James Son but after going to the Church in Tamlaght OCrilly and seeing John & Martha Thompson Marriage in the Book ,it said John ,s Father was also called John .I do keep onlooking all I know is he came from Antrim .
Kind regards
Sandra

Offline brfoster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 24 March 18 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your quick reply. You may be correct. Maybe his name was "John" not "James". All we have to go on here is William's Marriage Certificate where his father is given as "James". But I have just rechecked William's Death Certificate and his father is given as "John". Maybe his name was John James THOMPSON or James John THOMPSON. Who knows? I been looking for about 20 years!

Cheers,
Brian