Author Topic: CUNNING HAM FAHEY MURRAY SHIEL  (Read 2663 times)

Offline bjh1225

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
CUNNING HAM FAHEY MURRAY SHIEL
« on: Tuesday 28 July 15 21:35 BST (UK) »
 :D  I now have the marriage record and fathers' names for Michael Murray and Honora Shiel.   Now I need the same for Patrick James Fahey to Anne Cunningham.  Their son is the Martin John Fahey listed below.

I am seeking to find birth and marriage records for these ancestors:
Michael MURRAY  bc 1841  wife Norah (Honora ?) SHIEL bc 1851
This family is listed on the 1901 Galway Census   Aille dist   sub dist Loughrea.
Eldest child is Mary Anne bc 1885 so I suspect that Michael and Nora(h) may have been married abt 1884.  Family was Roman Catholic and all b Galway.

Martin John Fahey was b 2 Oct 1883  Tuam, Galway.  On his Massachusetts USA marriage license (date 27 June 1910) he stated his parents were  Patrick James Fahey and Annie Cunningham.  I do not believe his parents came to the USA.  I would like a marriage date for his parents.

Thank you,  Bettye

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FAHEY MURRAY SHIEL
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 11:25 BST (UK) »

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 12:57 BST (UK) »
Have you got Martin Fahy's birth cert possibly this one
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FB4R-ZZX

as this family seems to match up slightly
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Galway/Killererin/Garraun_Beg/1401123/
births for some of their children prior to 1881
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ft0/
have you viewed this record to see if it gives next of kin or address (i dont have access )
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JFK5-WNG

http://libertyellisfoundation.org/passenger-result

Offline bjh1225

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 17:49 BST (UK) »
Hi,  'Thank You' for expending your time in searching for info pertaining to my query.   I have obtained Martin John Fahey's birth info from USA documents.  He said he was b 2 Oct, 1883  Galway;  his parents were Patrick James Fahey and Annie Cunningham, and that he arrived in USA in 1904 or 1905 (different yrs listed on separate documents).  He told his family he was born in Tuam, Galway.

I do not believe that the family you found on the 1901 Galway census is the correct Martin Fahey because he said his mother's name was Annie (Cunningham).

There was a Martin  JOSEPH Fahey who came from Galway and was in the same general area of Massachusetts, USA as Martin JOHN Fahey.  I have tried to keep their records separated.    I am trying to find M JOHN  Fahey's USA Naturalization record which should give more details on him.

Offline bjh1225

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 17:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,  Thanks for looking for the marriage record.  Late yesterday a man found it on another Irish research site.  Michael Mury married Honor Shiel 27 Jan 1883 by Richard Rafferty,  PP.  Bulloum dist. Address was Catheraw_ode  Sunagh.  He was 31 and she was 21.  His father was Peter Murray and her father was John Shiel.  No names for their mothers.

Much appreciation for your time and effort. :)

Offline bjh1225

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: CUNNINGHAM FAHEY MURRAY SHIEL
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 21:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,  An hr ago I found the passenger ship record for Martin Fahey's arrival in USA  in Aug 1904.  Positive it is correct Martin because he was going to his sister's home in Holyoke, Hampden Co MA.  Sister was Mrs.  Mary Murray (hus Peter Murray.

;)  Regards,  bjh

Offline bjh1225

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 July 15 21:52 BST (UK) »
:D  I now have the marriage record and fathers' names for Michael Murray and Honora Shiel.   Now I need the same for Patrick James Fahey to Anne Cunningham.  Their son is the Martin John Fahey listed below.

I am seeking to find birth and marriage records for these ancestors:
Michael MURRAY  bc 1841  wife Norah (Honora ?) SHIEL bc 1851
This family is listed on the 1901 Galway Census   Aille dist   sub dist Loughrea.
Eldest child is Mary Anne bc 1885 so I suspect that Michael and Nora(h) may have been married abt 1884.  Family was Roman Catholic and all b Galway.

Martin John Fahey was b 2 Oct 1883  Tuam, Galway.  On his Massachusetts USA marriage license (date 27 June 1910) he stated his parents were  Patrick James Fahey and Annie Cunningham.  I do not believe his parents came to the USA.  I would like a marriage date for his parents.

Thank you,  Bettye

Offline bjh1225

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re:SOLVED FAHEY MURRAY SHIEL
« Reply #7 on: Monday 03 August 15 19:00 BST (UK) »
Hi,  'Thank You' for expending your time in searching for info pertaining to my query.   I have obtained Martin John Fahey's birth info from USA documents.  He said he was b 2 Oct, 1883  Galway;  his parents were Patrick James Fahey and Annie Cunningham, and that he arrived in USA in 1904 or 1905 (different yrs listed on separate documents).  He told his family he was born in Tuam, Galway.

I do not believe that the family you found on the 1901 Galway census is the correct Martin Fahey because he said his mother's name was Annie (Cunningham).

There was a Martin  JOSEPH Fahey who came from Galway and was in the same general area of Massachusetts, USA as Martin JOHN Fahey.  I have tried to keep their records separated.    I am trying to find M JOHN  Fahey's USA Naturalization record which should give more details on him.

Offline bjh1225

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 03 August 15 19:13 BST (UK) »
 I need data for Patrick James Fahey married Anne Cunningham.  Their son is the Martin John Fahey listed below.   They also had dghts  Mary bc 1875   Anna bc 1883 and Katie bc 1890

Thank you,  Bettye
[/quote]