Author Topic: Whittington BMD's 1790-1820  (Read 1574 times)

Offline martin mosley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Whittington BMD's 1790-1820
« on: Thursday 30 July 15 15:33 BST (UK) »
I am looking at a burial record transcribed from the Whittington registers:

John Mosley bur 26 Apr 1792

The transcription is on familysearch and although the record indicates there is an available image, I'm unable to see it here in France.

My question is, does anyone have the Whittington burial records on fiche? If so what does this record actually say? The John in question could be my 6x g grandfather who was born 1728.. Or it could be my 4x great uncle (grandson of the above) who was born in 1791. The transcribed record does not indicate an age or parents/spouse names whereas adjoining records appear to do so. I'm hoping that this is a transcription error and that if someone has the image, we can tell which of the two individuals we are looking at.

Many thanks
Mosley; Pugh; Thorpe; Webster; Hill; Ibberson; Nicholson; Moody; Maxfield; Newbold; Lee; Adams; Walker; Tesh; Barnes; Brittlebank; Cowlishaw; Smethurst; Alsibrook

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Whittington BMD's 1790-1820
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 August 15 14:02 BST (UK) »
As well as the burial for 26/4/1792 for which I can find no additional info. there is another John Mosley buried 27/1/1790 Whittington-Father John Mother Elizabeth.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline martin mosley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Whittington BMD's 1790-1820
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 August 15 14:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you Paco.

That burial is also one of mine and I have been able to place it because of the parents names. The 1792 burial looks like being a problem to resolve though. Thank you for trying, it is much appreciated.
Mosley; Pugh; Thorpe; Webster; Hill; Ibberson; Nicholson; Moody; Maxfield; Newbold; Lee; Adams; Walker; Tesh; Barnes; Brittlebank; Cowlishaw; Smethurst; Alsibrook