Author Topic: Look up Llanrwst Jones/Lloyd 1830's  (Read 995 times)

Offline Carybeth

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look up Llanrwst Jones/Lloyd 1830's
« on: Saturday 01 August 15 23:39 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if anyone can help please with a brick wall that I can't break through.
My grt grt grandmother Elizabeth Jones was born circa 1834 to John Jones and Elizabeth Lloyd in Llanrwst.
On her marriage certificate to my grt grt grandfather John Hughes in 1862 (Liverpool, St John The Baptist), her father is listed as John Jones, a plumber. I am struggling to get any further back and find  a more concrete link regarding her parents. I found a baptism from 1834, Elizabeth Jones bpt 19/08/1834, father John Jones,mother, Elizabeth Lloyd. I also found a sibling, Owen Lloyd-Hughes, bpt 9/10/1836 Llanrwst to John Jones and Elizabeth Lloyd. On 1841 census, I found an Elizabeth and Owen Jones living with mother, Elizabeth Jones, a widow in Llanrwst. The surname Lloyd has been passed down through the generations as a middle name and therefore I am 85% certain that John and Elizabeth are a good match for my grt grt grandmother. If anyone can help regards a marriage for John and Elizabeth or any other information, I would be grateful.

Offline Carybeth

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look up Llanrwst Jones/Lloyd 1830's
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 August 15 22:38 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if anyone can help please with a brick wall that I can't break through.
My grt grt grandmother Elizabeth Jones was born circa 1834 to John Jones and Elizabeth Lloyd in Llanrwst.
On her marriage certificate to my grt grt grandfather John Hughes in 1862 (Liverpool, St John The Baptist), her father is listed as John Jones, a plumber. I am struggling to get any further back and find  a more concrete link regarding her parents. I found a baptism from 1834, Elizabeth Jones bpt 19/08/1834, father John Jones,mother, Elizabeth Lloyd. I also found a sibling, Owen Lloyd-Hughes, bpt 9/10/1836 Llanrwst to John Jones and Elizabeth Lloyd. On 1841 census, I found an Elizabeth and Owen Jones living with mother, Elizabeth Jones, a widow in Llanrwst. The surname Lloyd has been passed down through the generations as a middle name and therefore I am 85% certain that John and Elizabeth are a good match for my grt grt grandmother. If anyone can help regards a marriage for John and Elizabeth or any other information, I would be grateful.

I'd be really grateful for any help, particularly if anyone who lives in Llanrwst can shine any light on the above family. Thanks   :)