Author Topic: Henry E Pillinger Lookup  (Read 9361 times)

Offline anitaszaban

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry E Pillinger Lookup
« on: Thursday 06 August 15 01:40 BST (UK) »
I have tonight been given information that my gr grandfather Henry E Pillinger born 1880 was a Bigamist and apparently was taken to court over it ,

How can I find this information out ?

I know Henry E Pillinger married Eliza Leonard in New York on 8th june 1914 as I have the certificate etc
I also thought it a bit strange marrying at an older age, I had asked family if he was married before but it is a closed book.

I received an email off a lady also claiming to be his gr granddaughter from hi first wife whom he left with 3 children whilst going to sea, whilst at sea he remarried.

on his return he was then known to be a bigamist ? help in finding this out ?
His first wife who he married in 1901 in Aston Birmingham UK was Alice Jinks 1882 she apparently applied to the courts ?

Offline anitaszaban

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry E Pillinger Lookup Bygamist ?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 August 15 01:41 BST (UK) »
I have tonight been given information that my gr grandfather Henry E Pillinger born 1880 was a Bigamist and apparently was taken to court over it ,

How can I find this information out ?

I know Henry E Pillinger married Eliza Leonard in New York on 8th june 1914 as I have the certificate etc
I also thought it a bit strange marrying at an older age, I had asked family if he was married before but it is a closed book.

I received an email off a lady also claiming to be his gr granddaughter from hi first wife whom he left with 3 children whilst going to sea, whilst at sea he remarried.

on his return he was then known to be a bigamist ? help in finding this out ?
His first wife who he married in 1901 in Aston Birmingham UK was Alice Jinks 1882 she apparently applied to the courts ?