Author Topic: Children of Robert Anthony Fleury (Barrister)married to Henrietta Fitzmaurice???  (Read 5471 times)

Offline wrdsrus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I have recently gotten information on my 2 x great grandfather, Robert Daly Fleury, indicating he was born in Dublin.  I have searched around and found that there is a Robert Fleury who OWNED the newspaper "The Mail" published in Waterford that ran a lot of stories supporting Bishop Robert Daly.  Robert Fleury sold "The Mail" and moved to Dublin.  He is a barrister, admitted to the bar in 1818.

Further directory searching shows some type of relationship with the Daly's and Robert A Fleury as he is found living in buildings they own and also living with one of the Daly family in directories. 

I believe he may be MY Robert Daly Fleury's father due to many relationships I am seeing and the commonality of the printing industry, BUT am having NO luck finding names of the children of Robert Anthony (AKA Antoine) Fleury and Henrietta Fitzamaurice.

IF I am on the right track Robert Anthony Fleury's father is the well known George Louis Fleury from Waterford.  1741 – 1827, married to Isabella Weekes 1771 – 1838.

One would THINK with such a well known family it would be easy to find a list of his children, but I am having no success.  A friend helping me research this issue has found but 2 female children so far ---I know of two children born between 1821 and 1837 (Isabella and Frances).

Being in the US and trying to find info in Ireland is difficult indeed. 

If anyone can point me to a good place in Ireland to email to try to find out more about who Robert Anthony's children were I sure would appreciate it.  Due to the paucity of Irish records, even though this family is VERY well known, I am really having a tough time tracking down the children of Robert.

A LOT is known about the ancestry further back, but finding info on the children of Henrietta Fitzmaurice and Robert A Fleury is proving to be extremely difficult.

Thank you for ANY help anyone can give me--I have tried hiring a researcher in Dublin BUT they won't even look at anything unless I can figure out what Parish Robert Daly Fleury is from and get a more specific date of birth--not an easy task with so many COI Parishes in Dublin and only knowing he PROBABLY was born around 1834.

Thanks for any suggestions on tracking this stuff down.

Joyce

Offline craggagh

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Children of Robert Anthony Fleury (Barrister)married to Henrietta Fitzmaurice???
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 August 15 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hello -

I can tell you that Robert Anthony Fleury married Henrietta Fitzmaurice on 25 June, 1820 in Carlow.

You may care to look at www.irishgenealogy.ie - there are several listings for Fleury.

The reason this post caught my eye is that one of my ancestors, Samuel Charles Childs, married Adelaide Fitzmaurice in Dublin in 1922.

craggagh.

Offline wrdsrus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Children of Robert Anthony Fleury (Barrister)married to Henrietta Fitzmaurice???
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 August 15 23:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you--at least that tells me where the marriage document I have is from and what year.

The Robert Anthony I am tracking lived in Waterford and then moved to Dublin...quite strange that they married in Carlow.

I have attached an excerpt.  I am hoping I can find a list of their children OR figure out where their children were baptized so I can have a friend in Dublin search for his Baptism.

Thanks for your help--at least NOW I know where this marriage document is from since the tree on ancestry.com did not not that info.

Joyce

Offline wrdsrus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 08 August 15 23:45 BST (UK) »
Hhm June 25th does not agree with info you gave...seems strange that there might be 2 married couples of the same names so I guess I have to assume there is a clerical error someplace.

Thank you

Joyce

Offline wrdsrus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 August 15 23:46 BST (UK) »
woops yes it DOES agree LOL fingers working faster than brain since I have been at this all day LOL

Thx

Joyce

Offline wrdsrus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 August 15 01:05 BST (UK) »
NO records on Irish site under his name :-(

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 09 August 15 04:29 BST (UK) »
"A friend helping me research this issue has found but 2 female children so far ---I know of two children born between 1821 and 1837 (Isabella and Frances)."

Or do you mean Isabella Frances and Henrietta M. Fleury?

A Dublin newspaper of 1837 reports the death on March 19th, at 9 South Anne Street, of a 15 year old Isabella Frances, the daughter of Robert A. Fleury. (The record on the irishgenealogy website says she was 14 and died on 21 March, the Parish / Church / Congregation is given as CRUMLIN (CoI)).

Then this reference under Mount Jerome Cemetery:

" Isabella Frances Fleury | born 17 th July 1821. died
19 th March 1837 | Sleeps in Jesus | Also her sister |
Henrietta M. Fleury | who died 17 th June 1852. | 1 in
hope 5 | Gone hut not lost | Also their Father | Hgb t A.
Fleury | died August 25 th 1853. | Rejoicing in his
Saviour | Also of Henrietta | wife of the above | Died
February 24 th 1878 | Aged 77 years | Blessed are the
dead who died in the Lord."

https://archive.org/stream/journalforyear05asso/journalforyear05asso_djvu.txt

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate