Author Topic: John Casey  (Read 6266 times)

Offline Galway-Girl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Casey
« Reply #27 on: Monday 21 May 18 18:29 BST (UK) »
yes john casey born 1877 MMN Cullen/Cullin and he married a Teresa Finnigan/Finnegan in 1911

Heywood the more than willing 3rd cousin has No casey at all and i think his tree may be a little off as when i checked all his irish family births with what he has none of them match up :-( but its hard to tell someone who is helping you that his tree is wrong or his dates are wrong x

Offline Galway-Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 21 May 18 19:32 BST (UK) »
Sorry if I have missed it but do you know if James has died? If so, where?

no i don't know that my james has died,just that when the salvation army did their search years ago they came back with sorry it appears he has died and you should order this james casey death cert from 1989 lambeth..i did and their is nothing conclusive on it so i asked them to look again and they came back with nothing only Maybe he wasn't our james at all..this was before i found that james and john on the 1939 register this was a years ago....carla

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 21 May 18 21:51 BST (UK) »

The 2nd marriage in preston in 1969..it took me years to track down his wife to discover Elizabeth had passed away in 2010.i ordered a copy of her death cert which said wasnt married but i am 100% it is the same woman.her sister was informant on the DC so i found her daughter or granddaughter and messaged giving the details i had and she said Yes that all sounds correct But once i sent a copy of the marriage cert to her she said sorry i didnt know my sister was ever married i cant help,goodbye

i waited a few weeks months to let the dust settle and contacted her again as my intention is Not to Upset Anybody!! i asked her if she remembered james casey being a friend of Elizabeth's and she said she did not know the name but that elizabeth used to go out and visit regularly with a man named Jimmy!!

Was this death not as Elizabeth Casey but her previous name  ???
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Galway-Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 22 May 18 08:49 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth's death was registered under Dickinson Not Casey?!! so i thought maybe i had the wrong woman but others have looked into it and it is the same woman who married my grandfather james casey..i cant find children for the couple which i thought strange as james was a lot older than elizabeth but still no kids? maybe james was a Bigamist?? when he marries elizabeth it says "Previous Marriage Dissolved" my grandmother and james for whatever Unknown reason must have split up by 1959 as she is living with another man and that is a whole epic story in itself!! but she is with another man and had 3 kids with him took his surname even though they Never married..so i have an expensive option of trying to order a divorce record from uk if it even exists?!! but because i don't know when or where it happened i have to pay over 100 pounds for them to do a 10 year search 1959-1969...as i have tried so many things over the years i might have to bite the bullet and try as little options left until mum gets a closer paternal match x

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 22 May 18 09:24 BST (UK) »
That James falls into the period covered by data protection makes it very difficult to search for him, then add the common name and uncertainty as to where he was born and it's a maze.

Is there any chance of employees records from the time he first married?

Offline Galway-Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 22 May 18 10:31 BST (UK) »
That James falls into the period covered by data protection makes it very difficult to search for him, then add the common name and uncertainty as to where he was born and it's a maze.

Is there any chance of employees records from the time he first married?

I havent looked into that as on mums birth cert and his first marriage it just says Labourer :-( But on his 2nd marriage it says Auto Engineer setter?? i dont know what that means and i have googled it a few times but have no definite answer..sorry i wish i had more info to go on

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 22 May 18 11:28 BST (UK) »
Sorry more questions.

I can’t see a death for Elizabeth in Preston - where did she die? Was her name just Elizabeth or did she have a middle name?

Was James’ age on the marriage certificates? I am just wondering how you know his birth year?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Galway-Girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 22 May 18 14:20 BST (UK) »
I have elzabeths death cert which says she died 2nd dec 2010 in preston hospital lancashire But i have just gone to search the indexes so i could send a link and i cant find it on ancestry?? I dont understand why i cant find it but i know i did before as i was able to order her death cert?? no middle name on her marriage or death....my head is wrecked why its not coming up on ancestry?? she was born 1943 in preston

Yes i have both marriage certs and james age on both certs consist with him being born in 1929

Offline SDS70

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 15 June 20 18:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Galway Girl.

This might be a long shot and I may well have it completely wrong, but having read your posts, there's quite a lot of coincidences with my family history.
The background to this is as follows. My Mum was born in 1952 in Preston. My family have lived there for years and are of Irish R.C. heritage. My Gran was young when she had my Mum and was not married. My Mum only new certain details about the past and didn't have the correct surname to search for more details, as there's no fathers name on my Mums birth certificate. It was only a couple of years ago that my Gran told her the following.
My Mums father was an Irish man called John/Jimmy Casey, he was older than my Gran and they lived together for approx 3 years when my Mum was born. It was believed that he had another family in London and another in Preston. Does any of this sound familiar ? I was hoping you may of heard of some of this before. Apologies if I've got this wrong, but we have searched before trying to find answers about the past and it would be great to finally get some information.