Author Topic: Maurice R Bailey  (Read 1350 times)

Offline jacobs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Maurice R Bailey
« on: Monday 10 August 15 09:07 BST (UK) »
Hi
Trying to find the parents of Maurice R Bailey, born 11 Feb 1926, Stoke-on-Trent.  BMD has his mother's name as Fox.  Any ideas as to who both his parents were please?  It's surprising the number of Bailey's and Fox's are in the Stoke area !!!  Think he was an only child.  Thank you

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Maurice R Bailey
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 August 15 09:36 BST (UK) »
The most logical one would be William H Bailey to Maggie Fox 1919 Stoke on Trent but really you need to buy Maurice's birth or marriage certificate to be certain

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline jacobs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 August 15 09:54 BST (UK) »
Yes, thanks Willow.  Was just trying to avoid doing that, as I am researching for someone else, not myself.  I suspected it might be William H to Maggie Fox. Thanks anyway

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 August 15 10:01 BST (UK) »
I know that feeling well maybe if someone is going to the archives they may be able to look it up for you

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 10 August 15 10:17 BST (UK) »
Hi
There's a family tree on Ancestry which says he is Maurice Reginald Bailey born on that date parents William Henry Bailey and Maggie Fox.
Of course weather they have bought the certificate or not ?
Ciderdrinker

Offline jacobs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 10 August 15 12:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Ciderdrinker
The tree is probably the one I am working on now  lol   but thanks for looking anyway.  I think the person I am doing this for is going to have to spend some money !!