Author Topic: William Dawe born ca 1787  (Read 1706 times)

Offline JosiahS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
William Dawe born ca 1787
« on: Monday 10 August 15 20:03 BST (UK) »
Hello there

William Dawe married (Jo)hannah Hunt in Blackawton in 1816 (witnesses John andGrace Hunt - Johanna's father and sister) and they had a number of children in the parish.  He died in 1835 and his age indicated he should have been born about 1787.

His children's names are:
William Hunt Dawe
Elizabeth D
Robert Hunt D
Marina D
Sampson D
Ellen D
John D
Priscilla D
Henry D

After his death the family moved to Stoke Fleming.

I am unable to find a baptism for William in the time around 1787 nearby - can anyone help please?

As an aside, Johanna's parents were called John and Elizabeth

Many thanks

Ashley
DU: Jones, Miller, Laverick, Orwin, Burn, Finlay, Robson, Robinson, Jobling, Fenwick, Spoor, Saunders, Billingsley, Appleby
NB: Pickard, Gilchrist, Curry, Heron, Thompson, Bell, Henderson, Aynsley
CU: Bell, Armstrong, Parker
SY: Saunders, Bartlett, Ellis
SX: Bartlett, Cager
BK: Saunders
NY: Miller (Swaledale), Raw
ALL CENSUS INFORMATION CONTAINED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Dawe born ca 1787
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 11:55 BST (UK) »
I note that on his marriage record William was of the parish of Blackhawton. The births for the parish are on FindMyPast, the first Dawe baptism there was his son William in 1817.
Like you I cannot find a baptism anywhere near that area. Assuming there was some sort of naming pattern the only baptism was 1 Jan 1790 at Crediton, father William but sadly the mother was Martha.
There are 3 others around 1787 at Marystowe, Bere Ferrers & Otterton, plus one Daw at Washfield.

Regards

Colin   

Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline JosiahS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 17:09 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for checking Colin - you;ve come up with similar stuff to my self.  Can I presume that FindMyPast was the source for this? 

Cheers

Ashley
DU: Jones, Miller, Laverick, Orwin, Burn, Finlay, Robson, Robinson, Jobling, Fenwick, Spoor, Saunders, Billingsley, Appleby
NB: Pickard, Gilchrist, Curry, Heron, Thompson, Bell, Henderson, Aynsley
CU: Bell, Armstrong, Parker
SY: Saunders, Bartlett, Ellis
SX: Bartlett, Cager
BK: Saunders
NY: Miller (Swaledale), Raw
ALL CENSUS INFORMATION CONTAINED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 19:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Ashley, FindMyPast was the source, I also checked the surrounding counties with similar results particularly Cornwall. I can only guess that he was not baptised in Blackhawton as the records there are very good around time and earlier.

Regards

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.