Author Topic: Ruby Atkinson Garston Watford  (Read 1616 times)

Offline jbm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Ruby Atkinson Garston Watford
« on: Monday 10 August 15 21:18 BST (UK) »
Trying to trace Ruby Atkinson of 12 Severn Way Garston Watford and later of 29 Kelly Close Borehamwood.  We knew her as my father's aunt but I'm not sure if she was related or just a family friend. I know that she lived in Watford from around 1925 to 1945.  I was born in 1951 and have no memory of her.  My mother first met her in 1940 and described her as an old lady then so I presume that she passed away many years ago.  No other relatives were mentioned in relation to her so she may have been a spinster or childless widow.  No sure if Ruby was her birth name or a family nickname.  I've searched Ancestry and Family Search but cannot find a match so am hoping someone recognises her as a family member.  My father was born in 1903 in Aspley Guise Beds so Ruby may have been born there and be related to the Billington family.   
Barrett, Gleeson, McMahon, Atmore, Fuller, Humphrey, Knock, Pyman, Smalls Ballina, Killaloe, Nenagh, Attleborough, Banham, Besthorpe, Garvestone, Hardingham, Mattishall, Morley St Peter, Morley St Botolph, New Buckenham, Old Buckenham, Reymerstone, Wymondham

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ruby Atkinson Garston Watford
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 August 15 22:14 BST (UK) »
Can you give a very rough guess as to possible birth years?

Thanks

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 August 15 22:32 BST (UK) »
Have you looked for Atkinsons in the phone directories for Elstree - or would it be unlikely that she would have had a phone?

Offline jbm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 August 15 23:13 BST (UK) »
In regard to age that's difficult but my mum would have been 30 when she first met Ruby so I guess we are talking about someone over 60 so born around 1880 or earlier.  If I found her in a phone book it wouldn't help me connect her to my family.
Barrett, Gleeson, McMahon, Atmore, Fuller, Humphrey, Knock, Pyman, Smalls Ballina, Killaloe, Nenagh, Attleborough, Banham, Besthorpe, Garvestone, Hardingham, Mattishall, Morley St Peter, Morley St Botolph, New Buckenham, Old Buckenham, Reymerstone, Wymondham

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 07:07 BST (UK) »
If you found her address in a phone book but with different initials, it might help in identification of her death etc etc, but probably unlikely to have a phone.

I was trying to find births around 1860 to 1880 and deaths around 1950, so we are thinking in the same range?

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 07:44 BST (UK) »
Can I just point out - this thread is on the Herefordshire board - it should be on the Hertfordshire board - quite a common error if people are not from the UK ..ask a moderator to move it to the Hertfordshire board  for local people to read - someone from the area may have known the family concerned - or if you are lucky,be related
:)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline jbm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 11:07 BST (UK) »
Oooops thank you for pointing out that I've posted in the wrong county.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 11:24 BST (UK) »
Soon moved the the right County ;)

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 17:59 BST (UK) »
Could you give us your Father's name, and the name of his parents (and ages etc if possible) so we can look for any links with the Atkinsons?

(William or Stanley or neither?)