Author Topic: Owen / Owens Tyddyn Heilin farm, Bangor  (Read 6939 times)

Offline jacobs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Owen / Owens Tyddyn Heilin farm, Bangor
« on: Friday 14 August 15 15:25 BST (UK) »
David Owen(s) married to Anne lived at Tyddyn Heilin in 1851.  It appears his father was William married to Mary.  I have also found a record from the Faenol Estate saying that a John Owen was at Tyddyn Heilin, but it doesn't give a date.
I am trying to find the marriage of David and Anne, which could well have been around 1852, so that I can establish their fathers names.  Their children were Mary born 1854 and Catherine born 1857, both in Bangor.
I am unable to say for sure if the name was Owen or Owens, which makes searching even more difficult !!!
Anyone able to help please.
Chris

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Owen / Owens Tyddyn Heilin farm, Bangor
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 August 15 15:39 BST (UK) »
any d.o.b. & p.o.b. ??

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 August 15 16:03 BST (UK) »
As the couple were living together in 1851 I wonder about this marriage from North Wales BMD http://www.northwalesbmd.org.uk/marriages.php

David Owens to Anne Owens 1850 - Bangor, Cathedral   Gwynedd

Offline jacobs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 August 15 17:11 BST (UK) »
Anne was born about 1822 in Caernarvon, David about 1804, Bangor.  Kay99, I have just sent for that marriage cert (arrived today) but it's not correct (so I have it spare if it fits for anyone else).  The 1850 marriage in the Cathedral gives Anne's father as Hugh and David's father as Richard.  I have found that couple in 1851 in Mount Square (which was Anne's address on the marriage cert) living with her parents.  I was hoping the cert would give an address of Tyddyn Heilin and David's father as William, but alas no.  It's such a trek to Caernarfon for me to search the marriage records myself.  I think part of the problem is names being put down both as Owen and Owens !!  Ah well

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 August 15 17:49 BST (UK) »
Looking at MIs for St Cedol, Pentir the address Tyddyn Heilyn seems linked to Nant Porth Farm, both Owen with numerous graves. Heve you explored these MIs?

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 14 August 15 17:55 BST (UK) »
A child's birth cert is another way of finding out the mother's  maiden name but in this case with Owen(s) there do look to rather a lot of options.  However NorthWalesBMD does list just one Catherine Owens in 1856 when searching Bangor records from 1856-1858 :-\

Offline jacobs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 14 August 15 18:45 BST (UK) »
Gwil
I'm feeling a bit thick tonight !!!  Explain what you mean please by Mls.  Is Nant Porth farm near Tyddyn Heilin farm?  I have found a list of Faenol estate farmers which gives some Owens in TH, but there are no dates attached.
Kay99
I have a family bible that has David and Anne as the parents of my great grandmother and her sister, however they are Owen on one page and Owens on another !!!!!!!  I'm leaning towards Owens

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 14 August 15 19:47 BST (UK) »
MI = Monumental Inscriptions i.e the gravestone records as per when Gwynedd Family History Society recorded them.

Offline jacobs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 14 August 15 20:21 BST (UK) »
Gwil, sorry.  No haven't looked at them.