Author Topic: Owen / Owens Tyddyn Heilin farm, Bangor  (Read 6943 times)

Offline Gwil

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Owen / Owens Tyddyn Heilin farm, Bangor
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 15 August 15 22:32 BST (UK) »
Re the article and David Owen/Jane Owen Nant Porth
St Cedol, Pentir graves
J001:
Catherine Owen 4th daughter William and Elizabeth Owen Nant Port b 10 3 1841 died 16 9 1902
Also their son Griffith Owen b 14 5 1830 died 15 3 1905
Also their son David Owen b 23 4 1833, died 14 12 1915

J002:
Jane 3rd daughter William and Elizabeth Owen, Nant Porth died 17 5 1888.
Her sister Mary Owen b 6 1 1825, died Dec 25 1892
Ellen Owen their 2nd daughter b 13 3 1828, died 10 2 1902

J013:
William son William And Elizabeth Owen Nantporth 18 10 1861 aged 41.
Aforesaid Elizabeth Owen 25 1 1863 aged 70.
Their son Robert Owen accidentally killed on the railway near Menai Bridge Station 19 5 1867 aged 45.

(we know William, husband of Elizabeth, is in J014 as per previous post)

All are extracts and are from Gwynedd family History Society MI book for St Cedol,Pentir.

The stain glass window is indexed as L011.

Offline jacobs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 15 August 15 23:22 BST (UK) »
Once again Gwil, thank you so much.  You have done such a lot to help me, I'm very indebted to you and all the others on here who have posted info for me.  What a wonderful bunch you all are.
Chris

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 16 August 15 16:02 BST (UK) »
Some more Owen

Elizabeth, widow of Robert Owen Nantporth, died aged 62 on 14 August 1894 at West End Cottage, Bangor
http://newspapers.library.wales/view/4456628/4456633/36/

Miss Kate Owen, Nantporth, who died c1903 and left a £10 bequest to the Bangor Cathedral choir (presumably Catherine noted above dying in 1902)

1 December 1891 Mr William R Owen, described as of  West End Cottage, Bangor, and Nantporth Farm, only son of the late Mr Robert Owen, Nantporth Farm married Miss Annie Jones, 19, Newry.street, Holyhead youngest daughter of the late Mr William Jones, Penrhos Arms Hotel, Holyhead and niece of Mrs Owen, City Vaults, Bangor.

Just wondering of the date for the accidental death of Robert Owen is correct - there's a report from 21 Sept 1867 of such a death a few days earlier.
http://newspapers.library.wales/view/4449190/4449195/44/

Offline jacobs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 16 August 15 20:19 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the information Mabel.  I do so appreciate the amount of time that people are spending on helping me with the Owen family.

Offline jacobs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 21 August 15 21:15 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to all who have contributed to this query.  I made the trek and visited Caernarfon record office today and have now found the marriage of David Owen of Tyddyn Heilin farm.  He married on 27 May 1846 to Anne Edwards, daughter of Thomas Edwards, sawyer of Rhyd Caerhun.  I know this is the correct one as it gave David's father's name as William Owen, farmer, and his address at time of marriage as Tythyn Helen !!!
I think I might have found Anne's father living in Llanbeblig, but as yet have not located where "Rhyd" Caerhun was, at the time she married.  I do know it was in the same area as Tyddyn Heilin though, so it all fits.
Thank you once again

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 22 August 15 20:35 BST (UK) »
A guess,but could "Rhyd,Caerhun" be Rhyd y Groes" close to Pentir?It's not very far from Tyddyn Heilyn,but there is no census data that would support this view.

Regards
Roger

Offline jacobs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 22 August 15 20:54 BST (UK) »
I don't really know the area much Roger.  I thought it might be a shortened version of something though.  If I have the correct parents, Anne was with them in 1841 in Llanbeblig, then married to David Owen by 1851, so I guess there is no way of finding her living in the "Rhyd" area.  I've had a quick look to see if any Edwards' lived around there, in case she had gone to some family, but can't see any.  No worries anyway - at least I have the marriage now and a firm connection for David to the Owen's of Tyddyn Heilin.  The chap in the records office was very helpful - I could have happily spent all day there just browsing the old marriage lines!!
Regards Chris