Author Topic: CLARKE, Frank Charles  (Read 3355 times)

Offline StanleysChesterton

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My G-grandmother on right, 1955
    • View Profile
Re: CLARKE, Frank Charles
« Reply #9 on: Monday 17 August 15 11:10 BST (UK) »
If May E Clarke died in 1950, then looking at the Camdex site it gives a reference number of 331/CHST/13/265.  I'd take a wild guess at the CHST part representing Chesterton - and 44 Victoria Park is in Chesterton.  The closest church to that address would make me think she might be buried at St Lukes Church, on Victoria Road.

If it's not there, then I'd widen my search in this order:
 - Histon Road Cemetery
 - St Andrews, Chesterton

She wasn't cremated, nor buried in the main Cambridge cemetery as she's not listed on deceasedonline.

The problem is access to these records from a distance.  While locals can just turn up at the archives and get to see them, the other route might be Cambridge Family History Society.
Related to: Lots of people!
:)
Mostly Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, some Kent and Dorset.

Elizabeth Long/Elizabeth Wilson/Elizabeth Long Wilson, b 1889 Caxton - where are you?
- -
Seeking: death year/location of Albert Edward Morgan, born Cambridge 1885/86 to Hannah & Edward Morgan of 33 Cambridge Place.
WW1 soldier, service number 8624, 2nd battalion, Highland Light Infantry.

Offline StanleysChesterton

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My G-grandmother on right, 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 17 August 15 11:22 BST (UK) »
Not sure if you've got a marriage (it's quicker for me to type this than scroll through the thread), but there's an "interesting/near match" for a marriage in 1919 on FreeBMD:

Charles F Clarke to Mary E Parker. Chorlton. 2nd quarter 1919.

"Near match" is because his names are switched and May has become Mary. It's also miles away, in Lancashire, waaaay up north.
Related to: Lots of people!
:)
Mostly Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, some Kent and Dorset.

Elizabeth Long/Elizabeth Wilson/Elizabeth Long Wilson, b 1889 Caxton - where are you?
- -
Seeking: death year/location of Albert Edward Morgan, born Cambridge 1885/86 to Hannah & Edward Morgan of 33 Cambridge Place.
WW1 soldier, service number 8624, 2nd battalion, Highland Light Infantry.

Offline 4LauraM

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 18 August 15 01:48 BST (UK) »
The address 44 Victoria Park is in Cambridge.  It wasn't far from where I  was staying at Westminster College on Madingley.

Cambridge family history society...interesting.

MILES Christchurch, NZ / CLARKE Manchester, UK