Author Topic: HURST - Hinckley/Ullesthorpe/Claybrook  (Read 1995 times)

Offline rainbowfamily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HURST - Hinckley/Ullesthorpe/Claybrook
« on: Sunday 23 August 15 11:53 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have HURSTs from Ullesthorpe/Claybrook/Shawell, Leicestershire in my tree, starting with John Jnr b. circa 1720 and his daughter Ruth Hurst b. 1750 in Shawell (I believe) and baptised at Lutterworth Independent.  I've recently discovered that my husband is a descendant of the Hinckley Hursts and one of his earliest is Charles Hurst b. 1769, Hinckley.  I know that the Hursts have been in Hinckley since the 16th century and in the Claybrook/Ullesthorpe area since the 18th century and given the close geographical proximity I was wondering if anyone has information on whether these two lines intermingle.  I'd really love to horrify my husband and tell him we're related!

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HURST - Hinckley/Ullesthorpe/Claybrook
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 August 15 19:51 BST (UK) »
found a similar thing with my Huguenot ancestors recently. now my son's father in law calls him cousin!!

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline bridget1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 April 16 18:59 BST (UK) »
Hi. My husbands great grandfather x3 is a Charles Hurst c1770, is this the same person that your husband is a descendant of? This Charles lived in Hinckley with his wife Elizabeth and children: Ann, Charles, Mary, William, Caroline, David and Phoebe. If this is the same person, do you have his wife's maiden name or any other info about this family?

Thanks
Bridget

Offline wolko58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 April 22 12:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have in my tree Ruth Hurst (5 x great grandmother) born 12 September 1750 Ullesthorpe, died 18 Oct 1829 in Lutterworth.  Married John Rainbow (1746-1784) in 1773.
I don't have a lot on her to be honest, but is your Ruth Hurst and my 5 x grt grandmother the same????
Joyce
Faulkner, Rainbow, Linford, Liney, Frisby