Author Topic: Birth look up please - Wall, Northumberland  (Read 3598 times)

Offline Lisajj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Exhall Colliery & Brickworks - very rare photo
    • View Profile
Re: Birth look up please - Wall, Northumberland
« Reply #9 on: Monday 24 August 15 07:05 BST (UK) »
I do have the ER's for Bill and Lizzie written down, but can't remember them off hand. But I did a search for William James death in Whitchurch and there are 2 possible matches for the year - one aged 79 and one aged 89.
I'm trying to do as much as I can before I start buying certificates as I feel it's going to get expensive!
The problem is, the only things I have to go on are the death cert, marriage cert and memories of children.
I've been banging my head up against this particular brick wall for a long, long time! Short of visiting a medium (which isn't evidence either and something I really do NOT want to do), I think the only thing now is to wait for the 1939 census 😔
Johnson, Crankshaw, Burdett, Shaw, Dawson/Dulson, Whitebread/Whitbread, Drane, Hyett, Holtaway, Thompson, Bodell, Livermore, Gee, Vernon, Smith......the list goes on....and on...and on....

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 24 August 15 08:02 BST (UK) »
Rugby was an important manufacturing town  during WW2.  The Ministry of Labour transferred men to Rugby  for the manufacture     of electrical equipment.

He may have been doing important war work  as a civilian  and never been in the RAF.

Development work on the Jet engine was done in Rugby  before it moved out to Lutterworth.

Repair of Battle damaged gun turrets for bombers was carried out in nearby Nuneaton.
Nursall   ~    Buckinghamshire
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 24 August 15 08:04 BST (UK) »
What was his Occupation on his marriage certificate?

What was his address on marriage certificate?         Was it anywhere near the address  shown at the time of his death?             Rugby and Coventry are adjacent towns.
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 24 August 15 09:05 BST (UK) »
Just another thought.

When you register a birth  you also get given a National Health reference number.

And secondly  The Registrar  when you register a death has to perform  an action  to notify the NHS so that they can delete that person from NHS records.           Has the family still got any old photos  or health records, do you know?
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline Lisajj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Exhall Colliery & Brickworks - very rare photo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 24 August 15 11:24 BST (UK) »
As he wasn't married to grandmother, we have no documents other than those available to all.
The address when he died was in Coventry, when he married in Rugby, he was living in Rugby. The only occupation we can find is Lorry Mechanic. It doesn't say where. There is no obituary. I have contacted the crematorium to see if they have any info. There doesn't appear to be a will either.
My uncle says he thinks his dad was in the forces.
Basically my grandmother had 6 children with possibly 5 different men. 4 were adopted out and out of those 3 had a blank on their birth certificate under fathers name. My mum and uncle have the same father. Recently one of the 4 adopted got in touch. He looks so much like my uncle that they could almost be twins! He was born in 1944 just after my grandmother left the RAF. My uncle was born in 1947. Do they have the same father?
Johnson, Crankshaw, Burdett, Shaw, Dawson/Dulson, Whitebread/Whitbread, Drane, Hyett, Holtaway, Thompson, Bodell, Livermore, Gee, Vernon, Smith......the list goes on....and on...and on....

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 31 August 15 09:31 BST (UK) »
I wonder if it could possibly be Wallsend?
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 31 August 15 09:36 BST (UK) »
As he wasn't married to grandmother, we have no documents other than those available to all.
The address when he died was in Coventry, when he married in Rugby, he was living in Rugby. The only occupation we can find is Lorry Mechanic. It doesn't say where. There is no obituary. I have contacted the crematorium to see if they have any info. There doesn't appear to be a will either.
My uncle says he thinks his dad was in the forces.
Basically my grandmother had 6 children with possibly 5 different men. 4 were adopted out and out of those 3 had a blank on their birth certificate under fathers name. My mum and uncle have the same father. Recently one of the 4 adopted got in touch. He looks so much like my uncle that they could almost be twins! He was born in 1944 just after my grandmother left the RAF. My uncle was born in 1947. Do they have the same father?
           During the war it is possible that he worked in Coventry area   in a vehicle manufacturing factory   such as Alvis,  Jaguar  Humber  or Triumph
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline ScouseBoy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 31 August 15 13:29 BST (UK) »
Just a suggestion,  why don't you request that this thread be moved to Warwickshire section?
Avies ~   Norwich

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 01:52 BST (UK) »
Lisa, if you can find two direct male descendants of the males born to your grandmother, I think this is a case where DNA testing might be very useful.