Author Topic: Mary Ryan died 1921 in Cincinnati USA - Which cemetery is she buried in?  (Read 1533 times)

Offline City Hall

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi,
Thanks to the help of many contributors to RootsChat, I recently discovered a wealth of new information about my family.
One piece of information I wish to further investigate is  where exactly is Mary (Liddy) Ryan buried.
Mary died on 29th April 1921 and was buried on 2nd May 1921.
Her husband was Thomas Ryan and her address was 3836 Isabell Cincinnati.
Her death certificate states the place of burial is St Martins Ohio. I can only find 2 cemeteries  called St Martins,they are St Martins Osgood and St Martin of Tours. I have checked both,each claims to list all burials, and I cannot find her grave.I have also checked St Joseph's new cemetery in Ohio where her parents and brother are buried but not her.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Paul.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ryan died 1921 in Cincinnati USA - Which cemetery is she buried in?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 August 15 21:17 BST (UK) »
My Ohio geography is a bit rusty but I think I found the area  :)

Here's Mary's death certificate- https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X84X-W2N (if you sign in you can view the actual certificate).

Midland City was in the burial box, crossed out then what looks like St. Martin Ohio written in. So, go to google maps and search for 'St Martin Ohio' which takes you to area east of Cincinnati and Midland is about 5 or so miles north along the highway. There is St. Martin's Church in St. Martin on Anderson State Road and further along the road is a cemetery (according to Google satellite view) which is a possibility.

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline City Hall

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ryan died 1921 in Cincinnati USA - Which cemetery is she buried in?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 11:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks Aghadowey, as always.
I went onto Google maps and found the location of St Martin's Cemetery on Anderson State Road. There seems to be very little information about it. I even read somewhere it is privately owned, and read somewhere else where it is listed as a business concern,very strange!

I also found the death certificate of Mary's still born son. He is buried in St Joseph's New Cemetery. Ohio where Mary's father, mother and brother are buried.

It seems very strange to me that an infant son would be buried in one cemetery and his mother,who died 4 days later would be buried in another cemetery, but that's what happened.

Thanks again.
Paul.