Author Topic: George Renwick and his will  (Read 7459 times)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Renwick and his will
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 29 August 15 13:47 BST (UK) »
I some how thought they were brothers not seeing a marriage for James Renwick to Jane /Jean Anderson ...Noticed one of Williams daughters had a middle name Henderson ? ..Have you tried looking for some burial records for this family ?
Rosie

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 29 August 15 15:53 BST (UK) »
Rosie, You may have hit upon something.  On the death certificate of George Renwick the name of his mother is Jane Anderson, but it hard to read and I wonder if it might be Henderson.  I sent a message to SP and they wrote back that they will recopy the document. 

Further more, I found a marriage document between a John Renwick and Jean Henderson on June 10, 1759 in Wilton, Scotland.  I've found one of their children, a daughter, Jean, born June 16, 1771.  I haven't found the birth dates for either John Renwick or Jean Henderson yet.

I don't know about the burial records.  Where would I find those?  Thank you for your insights.
Bev

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 29 August 15 19:48 BST (UK) »
You could maybe try Jedburgh Border Family History or just google the name and see what comes up ...Hopefully when S P get back to you.. you will find out the correct name .Did you get the birth for George Renwick b 1790 on the old parish records to see if a mother was mention or place ?

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 29 August 15 20:24 BST (UK) »
Yes, I did get a copy of the OPR baptism of George for Sept 19, 1790, but only his father, James Renwick, is mentioned, no mother.  The location mentioned is Middleburn, Hobkirk, Rox.  Is Middleburn a village or farm?

I will try Jedburgh Border Family History site.   Another  question: where would one find the burial records?

Thanks again for your suggestions!
Bev

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 30 August 15 14:12 BST (UK) »
Hi  I think if you maybe contact the Jedburgh Famiky History site they might be able to advise you ..Not sure about Middleburn I would assume it was the name of a farm ? ..I noticed there was a Benjamin Renwick baptised 26/10/1800 Hobkirk father James Renwick which might be another son seeing your George had a son called Benjamin ..Also a Janet Renwick father James think this Benjamin was with her in the 1841/1851 census ..Janet was married to a James Grieve

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 31 August 15 01:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I did write an email to Jedburgh Border History so perhaps they'll have some info. 

I looked on Ancestry at Benjamin Renwick of 1800 with a father of James Renwick but a mother isn't named.  George Renwick lived 1790-1867 and his son Benjamin was born 1838 (can't find his death date) so I don't know how the Benjamin you found fits in, but he did live with some Grieves.  The whole thing is so convoluted but I appreciate the help.
Bev

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 31 August 15 07:34 BST (UK) »
Hi it was just a suggestion Benjamin Renwick might have been related ...Hopefully you will get word from the Jedburgh Family History
Rosie

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 31 August 15 18:33 BST (UK) »
I'll post anything I learn either from SP or Jedburgh.  Thank you for your persistence.  You also mentioned the burial records.  Where?

Offline pelirroja

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 02 September 15 17:22 BST (UK) »
I heard back from SP concerning the last name of the mother of my 3x great grandfather, and her name was Jane Anderson not Henderson, as I had hoped.  A dead end, I guess but I'm still hoping to hear from Jedburgh.