Author Topic: Bentley Hall Staffs vs Chaceley Hall (Hole) Gloucestershire  (Read 4414 times)

Offline Milavia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bentley Hall Staffs vs Chaceley Hall (Hole) Gloucestershire
« on: Saturday 29 August 15 12:36 BST (UK) »
If anybody has been researching the Lane family have you come across a link between the Lanes of Bentley Hall Staffordshire (yes Jane and Col John Lane) and the Lane family of Chaceley Hall (Hole) Gloucestershire (formerly Worcestershire). I am led to believe they are linked so please get in touch with me. Thank you Milavia

Offline Laner684

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bentley Hall Staffs vs Chaceley Hall (Hole) Gloucestershire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 December 15 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Be interested to see what information that you find, you said you are connected to the Lane family from chaceley hall in your other post?

Offline Milavia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 December 15 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I can trace my family back to Chaceley.  One of my fathers cousins is said to have traced us back to Jane Lane and her brother Colonel Lane.

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 December 15 22:49 GMT (UK) »
I've been reading a bit about Bentley hall over the last few days. A friend of mine has Jackson relatives. One of his relatives was staying at Bentley hall, until 1784.his relatives having links with hollybush hall. On a Wikipedia entry it states the King reached Bentley hall 10 sept. 1651 and adopted the alias William Jackson for the next part of the journey. He was quickly dressed as a tenant father's son. Well this friends Ancestor was a William Jackson and certainly was a farmer. I believe one lot of his relatives went to America using the surname lane! Have you come across the surname pontrice or pentrice in your research? I've seen prentice. Also there seems to be connections via marriage of one of the ancestors with the surname lander. These Jacksons seem to have come from tatenhill. There are  Jackson connections with dunstan.

Offline Laner684

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 December 15 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Well I am also related to the Lanes of Chaceley hall, that is where my interest stemmed on this thread.  So Edward of the three lane brothers who are mentioned on the http://www.chaceleyvillage.co.uk/history.html is my Grandfather.  My father has some work done on the family lineage but nothing as far as to have any knowledge of this connection to Bentley Hall.

The Canadian link is definitely correct as my father has mentioned something to me the other day about having some cousins in Canada.

Just wondering what connection that you traced to Chaceley and to which part of the family?

Offline Milavia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 25 January 16 14:36 GMT (UK) »
My Great x3 Grandfather Edward Lane (1788-1857) born Chaceley son of William Lane (1753-?) and Sara - nee Humphrey?: also Grandson of Joseph Lane (1724-1786) and Mary nee Beale? I believe both Joseph Lane and William Lane resided at Chaceley Hole (Hall) Chaceley at different times. This information from "Chaceley Worcestershire Births, Marriages and Deaths" transcribed by William Good - williamr@bigbond.com  The original Chaceley Hall Farm was sold in 1997 but your close family relations still farm near by.  I did contact them but they have never replied. I have a copy of The Last Will and Testament by Joseph Lane which appears to confirm some of my above beliefs. Basically I wish to establish who resided at Chaceley Hall (Hole) Farm from as far back as possible up to say 1800 to confirm my ancestry line and determine if they are indeed related to Mistress Jane Lane and her brother Col John Lane.  Can you please help me at all?

Offline Milavia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 07 October 18 11:21 BST (UK) »
I wish to correct this post as follows: My Great x3 Grandfather Edward Lane (1788-1857) born Chaceley son of William Lane (1753-?) and Sara - nee Buckle: also Grandson of Joseph Lane (1725-1786) and Mary Stock I believe both Joseph Lane and William Lane resided at Chaceley Hole (Hall) Chaceley at different times. This information from "Chaceley Worcestershire Births, Marriages and Deaths" transcribed by William Good - williamr@bigbond.com  The original Chaceley Hall Farm was sold in 1997 but your close family relations still farm near by.  I did contact them but they have never replied. I have a copy of The Last Will and Testament by Joseph Beale Lane which appears to confirm the above. Basically I wish to establish who resided at Chaceley Hall (Hole) Farm from as far back as possible up to say 1700 to confirm my ancestry line and determine if they are indeed related to Mistress Jane Lane and her brother Col John Lane.  Can you please help me at all?