Author Topic: Query with NSW Birth index  (Read 5799 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Query with NSW Birth index
« Reply #36 on: Friday 09 March 18 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello all, still trying to find what happened to Mathew or Michael McIlroy or McElroy have received a record of his wife Sarah who spent time in Sydney Gaol in 1830 to 1832 living in York Street Sydney, Mathew was also in gaol at the same time as he was in debt, Sarah was looking after infant children at the same time. This family is somehow connected to a John McKensie Stonemason aged 31 a Michael Cassidy aged 62 servant, and a John Kerns aged 48 carpenter lodger to Sarah McElroy York Street Sydney N.S.W, This comes under the 1828 Census of N.S.W. :-[ I am still searching for more information on this family. :-\
Janet :-\

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 10 March 18 00:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello all, still trying to find what happened to Mathew or Michael McIlroy or McElroy have received a record of his wife Sarah who spent time in Sydney Gaol in 1830 to 1832 living in York Street Sydney, Mathew was also in gaol at the same time as he was in debt, Sarah was looking after infant children at the same time. This family is somehow connected to a John McKensie Stonemason aged 31 a Michael Cassidy aged 62 servant, and a John Kerns aged 48 carpenter lodger to Sarah McElroy York Street Sydney N.S.W, This comes under the 1828 Census of N.S.W. :-[ I am still searching for more information on this family. :-\
Janet :-\

Back at  reply #6 in June 2016 I typed up details from my resources including 1828 NSW census  :)

I have now re-read the thread and I wonder if you could please go back over and summarise  remaining queries please.  I am currently concentrating on 1820-1849 NSW but west of the Blue Mountains.. so I hope other RChatters are able to help more quickly than me.

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 10 March 18 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Is this his death?

3168/1878 MCELROY Matthew AGE 78 YEARS DIED PADDINGTON PADDINGTON
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 10 March 18 01:06 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Jamjar and Majm for your input I haven't searched for awhile due to cataracts, Someone has found his death in Paddington to be the wrong one. I will look at 6th June 2016, I get lost some times on this board. :-[
Janet :'(

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 10 March 18 01:14 GMT (UK) »
What are the names of their children, other than Mary?

Jamjar

Added: Was Alicia Alice their youngest daughter? She married a stonemason.

She died 1910 as Alicia White - her second marriage - aged 77. Unfortunately parents names weren't mentioned.
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 10 March 18 01:37 GMT (UK) »
I was looking at the Rookwood inscriptions and as an aside the Tindall information is:

Old Church of England Section C Row 9 Grave: 372,373

TINDALL, Mary Ann 29 Dec 1878 57 (think the year should be 1879)
TINDALL,  John 09 Nov 1891 72 - Husb of above
MASON, Alfred Berne 26 Mar 1897 21

Jamjar

Added: Alfred is their Grandson to their daughter Rebecca.