Author Topic: Glaister's of Birkenhead  (Read 3436 times)

Offline emorrisn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Glaister's of Birkenhead
« Reply #18 on: Friday 11 September 15 03:48 BST (UK) »
Hi

If I have the right family then

George Glaister and Isabella Allison marrey Whitehaven Dec Qtr 1883
Son George birth reg Whitehaven Dec Qtr 1888
daughter born Newcastle Dec Qtr 1890
1891 Census has family in Byker, Northumberland Mother in law Sarah Allison seems to confirm this
1895 possible death Isabel Glaister age 28 June Qtr 1895 Toxteth Park, Liverpool
George remarries Liverpool Dec Qtr 1895 to Laura Bone
1901 census family in Birkenhead Laura on census as Norah.

Comparing the George Glaister/Sarah Graham marriage certificate with the 1911 census should hopefully confirm the family. Occupations, address etc

Andy

You do have the correct family, thanks Andy! I received my marriage certificate which has George born c.1888. I've had another look at my family notes and there is a question mark next to Whitehaven, Cumberland so I think he's originated there. His father George appears on the certificate and both Georges are ship platers for occupations.

The 1911 Census has George and his father both as ship platers and the age etc matches. Isabella the sister is there too. It seems George and his second wife had many children, one of the sons has Bone as his middle name.

I need to order George's birth certificate to be 100% sure but I am certain I have found the correct family.

Thanks again - the forum has been invaluable :)
Renfrewshire: MORRISON, LAUCHLAN, DUNLOP, TYRELL, HOLMES, COLQUHUON, PEACOCK, CRAIG, GIBSON, ADAM, GARRETT

Lanarkshire: MUIR/MOORE, URE, BEATON

Argyllshire: McGREGOR, MORRISON

Aberdeenshire: WILLIAMSON, HENDERSON, MOIR

Inverness-shire: FOX

Kincardineshire: REID, PATERSON, REITH, DAVIDSON

England: GLAISTER, GRAHAM, GURD

Ireland: TYRELL, RAMSAY, GURD