Author Topic: Sarah Board, born around 1780  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sarah Board, born around 1780
« on: Friday 04 September 15 21:17 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm looking for Sarah Board, born around 1780. She married Thomas Keitch in Ashill in 1803, had at least 5 children with him, and died age 78 in Ashill in July 1861 (buried at Blessed Virgin Mary on 21 July).

According to the 1851 census she was born in Taunton (age 69 / 1782); the 1861 says Hatch (age 82 / 1779). But the only baptism I can find is at Buckland St Mary in 1780. Looking at google today, this doesn't seem too far away from Taunton or Ashill (is Hatch likely to be Hatch Beauchamp?) but is it possible?

Thanks,

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline jusnoneed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Board, born around 1780
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 September 15 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hi, Freereg also has a Sarah Board baptised at St Andrews, Whitestaunton.  17 Feb 1782, parents Henry & Mary Board. Whitestaunton is south of Taunton towards Chard, although maybe too far away to be the area you are looking at.
Masters, Parker, A'Court, Cary(ey), Cannon, Oram, Reynolds, Hennessy, Chislett,
Somerset
Muspratt,Pitman - Wiltshire, Dorset
Treasure - Stoke Lane & Sherborne

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 September 15 10:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks jusnoneed,

Not sure why I didn't find that one; I searched on FreeREG for 10 years around 1780, choosing Ashill and ticking nearby places. I'm sure it only found the Buckland St Mary one last night but has found the Whitestaunton one now too.

Sadly the children don't help in either case as they were Aaron, Henry, Thomas, Ellen, Isaac and possibly Sarah. The Buckland St Mary parents are John & Rebecca.

Maybe it's neither of these  :-\
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 September 15 10:10 BST (UK) »
Just realised why the Whitestaunton one didn't come up last night; I searched for Taunton and nearby which produced nothing, so searched for Hatch Beauchamp and nearby which returned just the one at Buckland St Mary.

Not knowing the area doesn't help :)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 September 15 10:23 BST (UK) »
Sarah and Thomas were married in Ashill in 1803 and I've only found children through the censuses so far as I can't find Ashill baptisms of that time online.

After the first two sons (Aaron born around 1804 and Henry around 1806) there is a big before the next around 1817, so Rebecca or Mary could have featured in there. The second son was Henry, so maybe Thomas' father was Aaron ....

There's an Aran Keetch burial at Ashill in 1797, but no age given.

Offline jusnoneed

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 05 September 15 14:04 BST (UK) »
Looking on Family Search there is a 1841 Census for Ashill showing Thomas Keitch 65-69 and wife Sarah. But the rest of the family have different names - Frank 35-39, Henry no age given, Thomas 20-24 and Sarah 19-23.
Masters, Parker, A'Court, Cary(ey), Cannon, Oram, Reynolds, Hennessy, Chislett,
Somerset
Muspratt,Pitman - Wiltshire, Dorset
Treasure - Stoke Lane & Sherborne

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 07 September 15 17:36 BST (UK) »
Hi jusnoneed, sorry only just seen your reply. The 1841 on both Ancestry and FindMyPast is unreadable so I wasn't sure of the children, but it looks good, thanks. I didn't know about Frank - he wasn't included even in the transcription on Ancestry - but have Henry (around 1806), Thomas (1817) and Sarah (1822).

Henry (age 45), Ellen (age 30) and Isaac (age 26) - all unmarried - were with Thomas and Sarah in 1851 (Thomas 1817 died earlier in 1851).

Offline Lynne Dykes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 16:10 BST (UK) »
Hi - I realise it is a long time since this was posted but my research into the Keitch (Keetch/Kitch) family of Ashill keeps coming up with these posts. I am the great-grandaughter of Elizabeth Bertha Crabb born Ashill 10/3/1857. I think she was the daughter of Ann Keitch b. 1826 who married Henry Crabb b. 1824 in 1848. in the 1861 census Elizabeth (often listed as Bertha)  is with her uncle George Kitch and his family and in the 1871 census she is with her uncle Solomon Kitch and his family. I am assuming her parents had died and have found deaths on FreeBMD for Henry Crabb 1857 and Ann Crabb 1861 both in the  Chard area. In the 1851 census Henry and Ann had 2 other children George . 1848 and Ruth 1850 but I can find no further details for them. If anyone has an information on this or the ancestors of Ann Keitch I would be very grateful for any help.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 08 August 18 17:06 BST (UK) »
Hi, i have Ellen Keitch, born around 1842, sister of Eliza, my husband’s 3rd great grandmother. Ellen married Edward Crabb in Ashill in 1863. Is this part of the same family (sorry only on my phone at the monent so hard to cross check).