Author Topic: Christiana Harry convicted Bodmin larceny 1865  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Christiana Harry convicted Bodmin larceny 1865
« on: Saturday 05 September 15 00:30 BST (UK) »
I am hoping to discover further particulars of Christina Harry who was convicted Bodmin Quarter Sessions , imprisoned for four months 1865.
Her trial was 17 Oct 1865-- larceny as a servant.

Assuming I have the correct person , she was born C1850 St Austell d/o John Harry and Maria Hammer.
In 1861 she was living with her mother and siblings at Wrestling Green St Austell , although the family name had been mistranscribed as Harris.She was then aged 10.
I have not been able to find her in 1871.
I would like to find what became of her.

With thanks.
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Christiana Harry convicted Bodmin larceny 1865
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 05 September 15 00:43 BST (UK) »
Sorry - replied on wrong post
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 September 15 00:58 BST (UK) »
have you checked out the marriage in 1864 to a Benjamin Sanders ?  EDIT...... WRONG the father is William on that one   :-\
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 September 15 01:05 BST (UK) »
can you edit either your title post or forum post,,,,,you have different forenames,,,,is it Christiana or Christina ?
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 September 15 01:26 BST (UK) »
Hello gortonboy
I am uncertain as to her name being Christian or Christianna. There are varying transcriptions.
Also the 1861 Census Wrestling Green has surname Harris but should be Harry.

I had noticed Sanders marriage but decided not valid as wrong father and likely she was too young.
Her Harry grandmother was nee Christina/Kitty Blight.

Should I modify my post?
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.