Author Topic: John Thomas Wisher & Mary Larkin  (Read 2098 times)

Offline ManU

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
John Thomas Wisher & Mary Larkin
« on: Sunday 06 September 15 03:15 BST (UK) »
Hi
Looking for a marriage between John Thomas Wisher or Wishers and Mary Larkin around 1900, they may have married in Michigan USA or somewhere in England, their daughter Mary Ellen Wisher was born in England and died in Michigan in 1961 aged 60.
Also cannot find marriage of Mary Ellen Wisher to Walter Chester around 1943
cheers ??? ???

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: John Thomas Wisher & Mary Larkin
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 September 15 10:24 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately, there are no marriages online for Michigan in the time frame you require for Walter Chester and Mary Ellen Wisher.

Background of Walter Chester -

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=727989.0

What are the birth years for John and Mary ? Have you found John Thomas Wisher on the USA 1900 census married ?  Presume Mary Ellen Wisher born 1898 is the daughter who married Walter Chester in Michigan.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline ManU

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 September 15 10:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra
Don't know the ages of John Thomas and Mary Larkin bt according to Mary Ellen Wisher Chester she died 1961 aged 60 so I assumed she was born 1901, she however was the one that married Walter Chester, I also believe she used to live in Manchester and North Road Droylsden a suburb outside Manchester whilst Walter was in the states
I did find a UK marriage between a Mary Ellen Vickers and Walter in 1925 but assume she may have died and he remarried to Mary Ellen Wisher - strange same first names so am totally confused at this stage and not sure if M E Vickers is same woman as M E Wisher
!!!!!!!! Is it possible that in transcribing the name Vickers turned into Wisher !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 September 15 11:29 BST (UK) »
!!!!!!!! Is it possible that in transcribing the name Vickers turned into Wisher !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say so  ;D

FreeBMD:
Dec Qtr 1897, Chorlton, Lancashire
John Thomas VICKERS
Mary LARKIN

And found here:
http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/cgi/marrind.cgi?county=lancashire

They married  via "Chorlton-on-Medlock Register Office or Registrar Attended"

And Mary Ellen VICKERS birth, 1899 Ancoats, mms LARKIN:
http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/cgi/birthind.cgi

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline ManU

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 September 15 11:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much ;D ;D ;D

Offline Scole

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 27 May 16 18:02 BST (UK) »
Hi I came across what I believe to be my grandmothers photo album.  She has a picture of a headstone that has quite a few names of people that I do not know.  The first name is Charles Vickers beloved son of Mary (no maiden name) and the late John Thomas Vickers.  Charles passed away Dec 8th 1920.  There is also mention of Herbert and Alice Vickers.  I also have pictures of (headstones) of John and Martha Larkin also James and Martha Austin( no mention of date of birth or death). There is also a headstone for  John Joseph husband of Annie vickers died February 27 1956 age 55 years.  There is also Emily Pointln the picture is quite far away I believe it says Jan 27 1926 or 56 possibly 51 61 or 81 years old.  I think that John Thomas and Mary could possibly be her parents or her brother but not sure.

Offline ManU

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 June 16 03:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Scole
Thanks for that info - the Vickers line is a side branch of the Chester Family that I am researching, Just got out of hospital today so it will take me a few days to get back to research (plenty of time on my hands after that little venture - will get back to you - do you have any photos of Mary Ellen Vickers she was the wife of Walter Chester
Regards
Manu

Offline ManU

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 09 June 16 23:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Scole
- Herbert Vickers married Alice O'Neill in the Sept qtr 1934 Vol 8d Pg 1738
I have the details of Charles the others still working on
In your previous emails you indicated you have your grandmothers photo album, I did ask if you had a photo of Mary Ellen Vickers but better still would there be a wedding photo of Mary Ellen and hopefully Walter Chester (wishful thinking)
Regards
Manu  :D :D :D

Offline ManU

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Grave Headstone - Rootschat Pioneer "Scole"
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 07 August 16 05:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Scole
Hope you get to read this and respond
In previous emails of grave headstones for the Vickers clan - you indicated you had photographs of headstones - is there any chance you can send me a copy
best regards
Manu :) :) :) :)