Author Topic: Special offer on Campbell's  (Read 3459 times)

Online Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Special offer on Campbell's
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 September 15 00:39 BST (UK) »
It is not beyond the realms of possibility to go through each of the 26 Jo*anna Campbells in the 1851 census and follow their movements - some may have married by 1861 and no longer be Cambells, some possibly died, and some may not appear on the 1861 for other reasons. But you might be able to cross check them with the other Campbells on the list of drownings .....

It makes it difficult, as you have already mentioned, not knowing if the Campbells are from one family or several.  :-\

Offline Vatersay

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Special offer on Campbell's
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 September 15 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruskie

Just added up how many people I have still to get and its 327 and though I would like to devote more time for the Campbell's I just can't I am depending on people like you who have an interest in genealogy to help. When I was doing my own family tree years ago I came across one Canadian who collected Laing"s from North Uist if my memory serves me right he had 630 and his excitement as I gave up my Great Granny and her progeny still brings a smile on my face today. That's the sort of Campbell I need to find, an obsessive. So I am just getting the names out there on this website so someday someone might go " that's where they went "
 I don't expect to get everybody that's obvious my Irish efforts are sinking into a bog of lack of records. I never appreciated how big the Irish famines were till now, just how many people disappeared from Ireland. Unfortunately the records also disappeared when they went up in smoke.
I would like some day to see some more information put up on the site of the disaster, in what form I do not know. So to amateur Genealogists, puzzle solvers, and dare I say it obsessives out there, pick a name or group of names of the passenger list and try and shed some light on who they were and where they came from.

Many thanks for your interest.

Allan