Author Topic: Hupp/Heasman family of Tunbridge Wells  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hupp/Heasman family of Tunbridge Wells
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 September 15 18:23 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information about Leigh Jupp-thats the fella I was looking for. I now have found his parents and siblings  and his marriage record to France Jones 1909 in Cranbrook and I now have his probate record from 1974 in Tunbridge Wells so I have all I need for him .

Regarding Henry William Alice M. Jupp and his wife . I have the death of Alice M. Jupp in Tunbridge Wells March 1qtr 1961. I will check deceased online to get her middle name and give it next time.

I would agree that the marriage between William and Alice is probably the second marriage for both of them for the 1922 directory listing for his business as Jupp & son is too premature for a son born to him and his wife Alice since they wernt married until 1921. I think the son referred to is from his first marriage.

There is a Henry William Jupp born 1892 who died March qtr 1961 in Hastings born at Walworth,London son of James Edward Jupp (1864-1915) and Annie Ada Newton (1865-1910) with 3 siblings. In 1911 census he is single and working as a warehouseman in Newingham St Mary,London. He was baptised Jan 31,1892 at St John Walworth. I wonder if this could be the chap Im looking for?

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 September 15 18:45 BST (UK) »
I checked the "burial" record for Alice Jupp and found she was Alice Mary Jopp cremated at the Kent and Sussex Crematorium January 2,1961. I feel confident that she is the woman Im looking for.

I checked the 1903 T.Wells trade directories for any Heasmans but did not find any William Heasman.There is a George Heasman, tailor at 163 Camden Rd and a Henry William Heasman, a tailor at 5 Shutter's Rd. It would seem unlikely that they would give up being tailors to become tobacconists with Mr Jupp. Im wondering if the business name Jupp & Heasman is in reference to his surname and that of his wife and not a Mr Heasman and that before marrying Mr Jupp she had been married (as you have suggested) to a Mr Heasman (ref marriage of Alice Huggett to William Heasman 1900 T.Wells)?

Still a bit of a mystery!

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 08 September 15 14:39 BST (UK) »
I don't think that you can assume that Alice Mary Jupp is who you are after.  There is this possibility for her -

Marriage December qtr 1914   
Alice M Blackman       
Henry C Jupp (Spouse Blackman)
E.Ashford    2a   2167

Possibly Alices birth registration
Birth March qtr 1885
Alice Mary    Blackman
E. Ashford  2a   837

which would tie in with Deaths Mar 1961   
JUPP    Alice M    76    Tonbridge    5b   1145
The burial for this record states she was married (not widowed.)

Possible death of her husband Henry C also in Tonbridge
March qtr 1969 
Henry C Jupp age 81   
Tonbridge  5F   938
Burial states he is a widower.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 08 September 15 20:54 BST (UK) »