Author Topic: records for 1933  (Read 1160 times)

Offline a-l

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
records for 1933
« on: Tuesday 08 September 15 19:14 BST (UK) »
Please can anyone suggest where to look for a father's name to a child born in 1933?                                                              The child was illegitimate and the parents didn't stay together.                                     Kind regards Sue

Offline StanleysChesterton

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My G-grandmother on right, 1955
    • View Profile
Re: records for 1933
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 September 15 19:23 BST (UK) »
Please can anyone suggest where to look for a father's name to a child born in 1933?                                                              The child was illegitimate and the parents didn't stay together.                                     Kind regards Sue
I found mine today in the petty sessions.  Nan went to court within a month of the birth, to get maintenance.  Even though the birth certificate has an empty space, the name was there in the petty sessions records.

The family history society local to where they were born are the people who have probably transcribed the petty sessions records. ....and you might be lucky.  I was.

Same with her own grandmother - illegitimate baby, so the mother went to petty sessions (1865) to get money and the father was named.
Related to: Lots of people!
:)
Mostly Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, some Kent and Dorset.

Elizabeth Long/Elizabeth Wilson/Elizabeth Long Wilson, b 1889 Caxton - where are you?
- -
Seeking: death year/location of Albert Edward Morgan, born Cambridge 1885/86 to Hannah & Edward Morgan of 33 Cambridge Place.
WW1 soldier, service number 8624, 2nd battalion, Highland Light Infantry.

Offline a-l

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: records for 1933
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 September 15 19:38 BST (UK) »
Thankyou stanleyschesterton , I'm happy for your success.  It's time I searched for green van man lol.                                        Thanks for your help and prompt reply.     Sue