Author Topic: What really happened to Ethel M Sach?  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What really happened to Ethel M Sach?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 September 15 11:58 BST (UK) »
Ah right you are way ahead of me well done! 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline LouiseB31

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 September 15 12:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks again for engaging with me

I am happy that I have solved the mystery and found the runaways, I have located as much information as one possibly could, and thanks to online newspaper articles I have even found out about their social life.

The only missing part was the ship records for their departure which Rosie has found.

I am really delighted. I started genealogy in the early 80s when you had to go to record offices directly and everything took months and years. It is wonderful to solve a mystery online in just a week!
Baldock, Millward, Harriman, Wilson, Hilton, Fairclough, Hadley, Bedford, Brady, Butler, Watchorn, Marshall, Jutson, Pinfold, Masters, Mottram, Upton, Daffern, Shellswell, Skelding, Wall, Taylor, Scattergood, Ferguson, Innous, Mulley, Hyams

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 11 September 15 12:59 BST (UK) »
Record is on Ancestry & FindMyPast - hope this link works  :)

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01g3i/
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LouiseB31

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 11 September 15 14:02 BST (UK) »
That worked perfectly Rosie, thanks very much
I love passenger lists
I had been searching for full forenames and obviously have learned a lesson here; it's important to use initials or even simply the surname. Thankfully Truelove is not a particularly common surname.
Baldock, Millward, Harriman, Wilson, Hilton, Fairclough, Hadley, Bedford, Brady, Butler, Watchorn, Marshall, Jutson, Pinfold, Masters, Mottram, Upton, Daffern, Shellswell, Skelding, Wall, Taylor, Scattergood, Ferguson, Innous, Mulley, Hyams

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 11 September 15 14:19 BST (UK) »
It is a shame it did not give more detail.  I did not find it when I first looked for Henry it was only after you found he was Alfred Henry that I saw it.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JoBee76

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 March 17 13:48 GMT (UK) »
She ran off with Henry Truelove, assumed the name Mary (which is what his first wife was called). They seemingly never married, they went to Canberra, had a seemingly very nice life, ran a tennis club and various things and she's buried in Canberra.

Her niece Daphne died recently. A friend of mine found all this out (she's a genealogist) for Daphne with my help last year as Ethel was her aunt and none of the family knew where she had gone either. Happy to pass on more info :-)

Louise you dark horse!! I should have read all the posts!

Offline LouiseB31

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 March 17 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jo!

I love googling my ancestors and finding out old articles and posts I had written years before. And now you have googled Sach and found your way to this post!

Welcome to Rootschat where the brilliant volunteers help you so much with brick walls. I was delighted to help you give your Aunt Daphne good news about her own Aunt Ethel.