Author Topic: ESSEX BURIAL - AGNES BULL  (Read 1637 times)

Offline PatrickBull

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
ESSEX BURIAL - AGNES BULL
« on: Friday 11 September 15 12:23 BST (UK) »
Hello All,

I have almost given up the search for the burial or cremation information for my great-grandmother Agnes Bull. I thought I would post on here as you guys have helped a lot in the past for which I am very grateful.

Background info:

Agnes BULL died on 17th June 1954 aged 88
she died at 3 Smarts Cottages, Hatfield Heath, Hatfield Broad Oak, Essex
I believe this was the home of her youngest daughter Gertrude who married John Patmore. He died at the same address 3 months earlier in March 1954. He is buried in Holy Trinity Churchyard in Hatfield Heath.

I have been looking in Essex because of the death but only recently thought that she may have lived elsewhere and only died at Hatfield Heath I'm not sure where to try next. I have looked in Phone books to try to find the family but only have them up to 1915 living at 7 Gordon Avenue, Highams Park, Chingford

Her husband Robert Bull ended up in Chard, Somerset (I'm not sure why!) and died in 1959 aged 95! He was cremated at Weymouth.

Places where I have already contacted/looked any not found her:

Holy Trinity Church, Hatfield Heath
URC, Hatfield Heath
Parndon Wood Cemetery and Crematorium, Harlow
Epping Cemetery
Chingford Mount Cemetery

If you have read all this then thank you!!

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ESSEX BURIAL - AGNES BULL
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 September 15 14:52 BST (UK) »
Perhaps she and hubby lived at Chard, but she died when visiting daughter. Body taken back to Chard for burial or cremation.

Checking Chard would be my next step, if I were you!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline PatrickBull

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 September 15 15:45 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have thought that would be a possibility but I have always been told they lived in East London and Essex all their lives.

Worth a shot I suppose  ;)

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 September 15 06:20 BST (UK) »
Have you contacted the funeral providers for Hatfield Heath, you know the exact date of death etc. and they would know where she was buried or possibly transferred to. The records are not confidential however explain its for genealogy purposes and your connection to the deceased.

Offline PatrickBull

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 September 15 12:57 BST (UK) »
Agnes is not in North Curry, Chard  :(

My thoughts now are that her husband Robert went to live in North Curry after Agnes died. (another daughter and son-in-law lived there!)

As I have only the knowledge that she died at Hatfield Heath (maybe her daughter's home) in 1954, Agnes and Robert may have lived elsewhere in Essex or East London.

Perhaps trying to follow them through electoral registers may be worthwhile? They hare living in Gordon Avenue, Highams Hill in 1915  which is 40 years to track!! eek!

amondg, I think that is a good idea but I'm not sure how to find out which funeral directors were in the area in the 1950s.....

Offline PatrickBull

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 September 15 14:06 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know the local parishes with graveyards around Highams Park?