Author Topic: Edward Knighton born 1791  (Read 1389 times)

Offline JAKnighton

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Knighton born 1791
« on: Saturday 12 September 15 12:04 BST (UK) »
Trying to find out the death date of an Edward Knighton who was baptised on 29 Jan, 1971 in Holme, Hunts. His parents were Samuel Knighton and Elizabeth Whaples.

I found a marriage record for an Edward Knighton and Sarah Beck who were married on 15 Dec, 1818 in Ramsey.

I also found a baptism record from 1820 for an Elisabeth Knighton of Ramsey whose parents were Edward and Sarah.

I've looked on Ancestry, FamilySearch and the helpful user magslote has looked him up within Holme Parish Records but I can't seem to find more than this.

Was wondering if there were some other resources I could use to find out more?
Knighton in Huntingdonshire and Northamptonshire
Tweedie in Lanarkshire and Co. Down
Rodgers in Durham and Co. Monaghan
McMillan in Lanarkshire and Argyllshire

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Knighton born 1791
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 September 15 16:02 BST (UK) »
Huntingdonshire isn't the easiest county to research online as the LDS was refused permission to film many parish registers.

Have you found the family in any censuses?

Whilst Holme is only a few miles from Ramsey, how have you established that the Holme baptism is the one who married in Ramsey?

What exactly are you looking for?

David

PS We seem to be looking at the same families - Revell from Graveley and the Corns from Toseland

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline JAKnighton

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Knighton born 1791
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 September 15 20:52 BST (UK) »
Huntingdonshire isn't the easiest county to research online as the LDS was refused permission to film many parish registers.

Have you found the family in any censuses?

Whilst Holme is only a few miles from Ramsey, how have you established that the Holme baptism is the one who married in Ramsey?

What exactly are you looking for?

David

PS We seem to be looking at the same families - Revell from Graveley and the Corns from Toseland

Ah yes I sent you a message a couple of weeks ago! Sorry I haven't replied. If you're still interested in sharing your tree my Ancestry username is JAKnighton, if that doesn't work my email is jaksaph@hotmail.co.uk

That's interesting to know about the LDS being refused permission. That could explain some difficulty in a few areas.

I haven't found a matching Edward Knighton in any census.

I haven't established that the Edward Knighton baptised in Holme is the same one that was married in Ramsey, but I see it as a research lead.

I suppose I'm looking for advice on any resources or methods available to crack a case like this. For example, your comment about the LDS might suggest that I need to visit local parishes around Holme Fen to see if I can see the records in person.
Knighton in Huntingdonshire and Northamptonshire
Tweedie in Lanarkshire and Co. Down
Rodgers in Durham and Co. Monaghan
McMillan in Lanarkshire and Argyllshire