Author Topic: Electoral register look up - Burrowlee Road Sheffield 1946  (Read 595 times)

Offline AddictedtoFamilyTree

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Grandad <3
    • View Profile
Electoral register look up - Burrowlee Road Sheffield 1946
« on: Monday 14 September 15 21:24 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have access to the electoral register for Sheffield for 1946?
I'm trying to find out who was living at 25 Burrowlee Road in 1946 (Sept). My Grandparents were visiting there but I'm not sure what the connection was.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you  :)
Frost, Quine, Stowell, Atherton, Gill.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Electoral register look up - Burrowlee Road Sheffield 1946
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 September 15 06:19 BST (UK) »
The Electoral Registers for Hillsborough Sheffield (that covers  25, Burrowlee Road )-soon found, if they survived ? are at the local studies library Sheffield and they charge is a modest £13.50 for a half hour look up service. (Just a 1/3rd over the price of a usual GRO BMD certificate - what we all encounter for 20th century ancestry  >:(- so not so expensive in comparison for a one off major event of grandparents )

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/libraries/archives-and-local-studies/about-us/research-service.html

:)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Electoral register look up - Burrowlee Road Sheffield 1946
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 September 15 07:50 BST (UK) »
Don't forget that electoral registers are canvassed around September/October for the following years register so you really need to look either side of the date as well.

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk