Author Topic: William Hughes b1805 - d1865 and family  (Read 2385 times)

Offline yogibear666

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Hughes b1805 - d1865 and family
« on: Wednesday 16 September 15 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone, i am stuck on my 3rd Great Grandfather who died in a Londonderry workhouse on the 4th of April 1865 of Typhoid Fever ? I know he married an Isabella Carruthers and they had 3 children ( so my Uncle told me ) James b 1828, John b 1830 and Richard b 1837 there could easily have been more ? I have not made any progress on this for two years. It has been easier to forget it and concentrate on others who have been easier to research .
My Uncle James Hughes is getting very frail now and i am now turning my attention back to my Hughes family and in some cases using different sites to see if someone better placed and with a lot more knowledge can help me break the impass on this important line of my family .
Any help would be greatly appreciated, i am thinking about coming over next year for a couple of weeks to see if i can move it on .  I have enclosed the only documentation i have .
Thank you John Gow Hughes .

Offline yogibear666

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Hughes
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 September 15 20:52 BST (UK) »
This is a clear version of the death cert .
Sorry Maggsie I cannot reply to you as I am new to this site so only one PM ??????

Offline yogibear666

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
William
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 September 15 21:06 BST (UK) »
Picture enclosed I hope ??

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Hughes b1805 - d1865 and family
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 September 15 21:22 BST (UK) »
If the workhouse admission books have survived, they will be in PRONI, in Belfast. They should tell you his last address before his admission to the workhouse, and possibly some other information about him. The admission books are not on-line and a personal visit is required to view them.

Derry city council cemetery department might have an address and next of kin etc if he was buried in their graveyard. (There might be a fee for a search of their records).
Elwyn

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Hughes b1805 - d1865 and family
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 September 15 10:51 BST (UK) »
Derry City Cemetery records are excellent. The usual details on deceased are: name, age, residence, date of death, religion, birthplace, first names of both parents.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!