Author Topic: John & Amy Jackson, Pimperne...  (Read 1727 times)

Offline astromuzza

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
John & Amy Jackson, Pimperne...
« on: Thursday 17 September 15 04:50 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone!

I've basically hit a brickwall in tracing a set of gggg grandparents, John & Amy Jackson, who lived in Pimperne in the late 1700's. My ggg grandmother Jane Jackson was baptised on 25 September 1785, and there are regular births for siblings before and after Jane's to John & Amy in Pimperne.

However I have not been able to find any mention of a marriage for John and Amy or their births in Pimperne or any other parish surrounding the town. Would anyone have any ideas of where I might look to further my searches or be able to shed some light on this couple?

Just for completeness, Amy was buried on 15 June, 1794 along with her infant son Thomas (baptised 12 June, 1794). I'm assuming there were problems during childbirth which resulted in the deaths of Amy and Thomas...

Cheers,
Mario

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John & Amy Jackson, Pimperne...
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 September 15 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hi
Burial for John at Pimperne 18.1.1841 aged 88.
So born 1753.
There are married by banns at Pimperne John Jackson and Amy Fisher  19.10.1776 both of this parish.
Both made a cross.Witnesses Edward Cusack and Richard Nons.

The obvious baptism for John is at Stoke Wake to Henry and Betty 2.12.1753 but of course that's not proof.
There's a mention of Henry in the quarter sessions 1753-1756 of Stoke Wake yeoman.
Henry was buried 1.2.1756,last child Elizabeth bapt 13.6.1754,other child Sussannah 9.6.1751.
Elizabeth seems to be sent in 1759 to Hotwell according to the Churchwardens Accounts.
John is a carter in the Militia list of 1796 for Pimperne.

Can't spot a Amy Fisher but there's a Tammy 28.8.1757 to John and Elizabeth Fisher.John's Will of 1782 doesn't mention a daughter Amy or Tammy but it is the right family,wife Elizabeth,son William and father in law William Foot.John is a blacksmith.
I think that is her and her family.
I can send you a copy if you pm me with your e-mail or it's on Ancestry

You could try trawling through the poor law stuff on Ancestry for the parish.

Ciderdrinker

Offline astromuzza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 September 15 18:08 BST (UK) »
Wow, thank you ciderdrinker for all this fantastic information - very much appreciated!

Cheers,
Mario

Offline astromuzza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 September 15 03:53 BST (UK) »
Ciderdrinker,

Is it possible that Tammy Fisher and Amy Fisher are the same person? I wonder if Amy could just be shortened form of Tammy, the same way I've seen Mary replace Marianne in records...

Cheers,
Mario