Author Topic: Christening - James Wilson Webster 1902 Dundee Scotland  (Read 5640 times)

Offline Dundas Family Tree

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Christening - James Wilson Webster 1902 Dundee Scotland
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 01:54 BST (UK) »
I have decided to get Mary Henderson's Webster's (Speed) Death transcript, hoping it will shed some light. Also his fathers death transcript. Will let you know what I find. Couldn't work the Scotlands People website? Paid money but didn't get the transcripts. NSW transcripts from Laurie Turtle are only $20. Thank for your help
Marj
Reseaching William Thomas & Matilda born Germany,married NewZealand,came to Australia.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 08:11 BST (UK) »
Couldn't work the Scotlands People website? Paid money but didn't get the transcripts.

You don't get transcripts from SP.

Once you have used your 1 credit to find the record and 5 credits to see it, you get an immediately downloadable digital image of the document. Also, once you have paid to see an image, you can go back and view it at any time afterwards, and download it again if you wish.

It is possible to order a paper copy of the original document but unless you need that to prove a relationship for legal reasons, there is no point in doing so because it will cost you a lot more and won't tell you anything extra.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 09:43 BST (UK) »
I will go back again and see if I can get it. Have found a lot of information on Trove the past few days. They all lived in Merewether and Newcastle area

Marj
Reseaching William Thomas & Matilda born Germany,married NewZealand,came to Australia.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 28 July 16 05:55 BST (UK) »
I have paid for and found the two records I needed from  Scotlands People, but how do I see the document . How do I use direct download as It will not work. It should show parents etc ?   Hope you can help.

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 28 July 16 07:16 BST (UK) »
At Last I have found how to download the records from Scotlands People. I had to add Direct download on my Details . Thank every one for being so patient with me.  James Wilson Webster is the son of William Clark Webster,as  from his marriage record to Mary Henderson Speed Smith (19 May 1919) His military record in Australia says he was born Merewether (Mistaken Question to where he was living?) But he states his previous military record is British Imperial Forces No 70771,rank Pte, 11th Bat. Hussarss(hard to read)  This is also on his marriage record.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 28 July 16 08:11 BST (UK) »
At Last I have found how to download the records from Scotlands People. I had to add Direct download on my Details .
Excellent. well done :)
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Garry Webster

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 08 November 16 10:49 GMT (UK) »
James Wilson Webster is my Grandfather, he was born Dundee Scotland and was living in Merewether NSW when enlisting in WW2. He married Mary Henderson Speed in 1919 and moved to Australia in 1926 with 3 sons and 1 daughter, James jnr, George ( my dad ) Elizabeth and William. His father was William Clark of Prince Alberts 11 th Hussars and mother Elizabeth ( nee Smith ) all of Dundee.

Garry