Author Topic: John & Anne Godsall (pre 1654 marriage & deaths)  (Read 4833 times)

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John & Anne Godsall (pre 1654 marriage & deaths)
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 September 15 06:21 BST (UK) »
The Archives are now located to the south of the river in Rotherwas https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/leisure-and-culture/local-history-and-heritage/archives-enquiries    Watch out for the rush hour traffic in Hereford :)

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 16 October 15 17:02 BST (UK) »
Had look at the Colwall records again today and couldn't see a marriage for either Comfort or her parents.  At the time Comfort would have married the records are well written, but at the time her parents might have married the records  deteriorate  and I realise why I had problems before.   It is possible that some years might be missing, but very difficult to tell!!

Kay

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://thegenealogycorner.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 October 15 17:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help Kay. I've found other Colwall records for about the right period on FS so it may be that the period (1650's) for John and Anne's marriage is missing... All the same, I will leave it till I go to the Records Office, same goes for Comfort's marriage in the 1670's. The list of items get longer and longer!

Best :)

Cimbrio
Herefordshire: ALLEN (Colwall), CARTWRIGHT (Kington & Almeley), DAVIS (Colwall), EVANS (Pembridge), GODSALL (Colwall), JONES (Whitbourne), MORRIS (Kington & Kinnersley), MOUND (Wormsley), TIPPINS (Staunton-on-Arrow), RODWAY (Colwall), VICKRESS (Wellington & Hope-under-Dinmore), WATKINS (Almeley)
Shropshire: MOUND (Hope Bagot)
Worcestershire: PARKER (Kempsey)