Author Topic: Feathers Street, Flint in 1870s?  (Read 1920 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Feathers Street, Flint in 1870s?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 November 15 16:15 GMT (UK) »
Ah, it said "Feather Street" on the sign at the end of the road, when I was here,  and I went and believed it. Now I'm confused.... as usual. I think the number in the early 1870s may have been "5", but can't find exactly the reference that makes me think that. Thank you again for your helpful input(s).
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Eldon

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright,
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 November 15 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Yes I know the sign you referring to. Some of early census returns did have a few odd numbers.
If you go on the link from Shep, row 11 centre and row 12 ex rt. are the same photo. These could be the bricked up odd number houses, so you could be looking at 1.3.5. They are now store rooms for the shops in Church Street, at the back of the photograph.
On that Flint site there are a number of early maps and you may get a better idea when they enlarged.
Hill in Tavistock, Twose and Coles in Halberton, Flower in Havant and Wells.
Negus in Polebrook  Jones in Kingswinford, Phillips in Chirk, Dodd in Cheshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 December 15 15:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)