Author Topic: Blackness Road/Blackress Road? - Dundee - Completed, Thank You  (Read 2549 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Blackness Road/Blackress Road? - Dundee - Completed, Thank You
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 October 15 17:27 BST (UK) »
To add to Jen's info:

This name applies to a block of dwelling houses two and three storyes high, bounded by Daniel St. William St. [Denpotic] St. & Blackness Road. & occupied by the working class. The property at present in the hands of Trustees.
www.scotlandsplaces.gov.uk/digital-volumes/ordnance-survey-name-books/forfarshire-angus-os-name-books-1857-1861/forfar-angus-volume-32/9

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Blackness Road/Blackress Road? - Dundee - Completed, Thank You
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 08 October 15 16:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you atom12, jennywren001 and Monica.

My home computer has not worked for several days so I have been unable to acknowledge your replies, nor check the links, but I really do appreciate the time you've taken to help me and for your replies.

I hope to have the computer working tonight and look forward to really reading your replies and checking the links (I've only quickly read everything while on breaks at work).  Starting work now...Thank you, Lisa
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)