Author Topic: Calling up Hourihanes for genetic study  (Read 2548 times)

Offline skibbgirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Calling up Hourihanes for genetic study
« on: Wednesday 30 September 15 23:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Cork genealogy enthusiasts! If you are a man named Hourihane (or Hourahan), you unequivocally know the geographic origin of your Hourihane ancestors in Cork (to the townland or village), you are willing to share your family tree, you like to help other Hourihanes make connections back to Cork, and you'd like to participate in a genetic study that includes the Hourihane surname, please email me. I am conducting a research project trying to differentiate the Hanrahan septs. So far, Hourihane does not appear to bear a genetic relationship to Hanrahan.  This is project email and it is protected from spam.  hourihanedna@pobox.com
PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS TO THE BOARD, NOT THROUGH PM, so that everybody can take a shot at answering your question and benefit from the information.  I cannot respond to requests through private emails.

Barnane, Cahalane, Collins, Connolly, Driscoll, Hourihane, Hurley, Looney, McCarthy, Mahony, Sweeney, Young  in Skibbereen area of southwest County Cork, Ireland; Regan in RoaringWater bay area and in Caheragh parish

Offline skibbgirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
SPECIFIC LOCATION DOES NOT MATTER!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 October 15 00:23 BST (UK) »
MY BAD!  Confused the posted text for this study with that of another.  If you are a man named HOURIHANE, you know your paternal line was from Cork, you don't know WHERE in Cork - that's OKAY !  We'd like to fund your participation in a genetic study.

See the project pages on Rootsweb:

freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~skibbgirl/HourihaneDNA/
PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS TO THE BOARD, NOT THROUGH PM, so that everybody can take a shot at answering your question and benefit from the information.  I cannot respond to requests through private emails.

Barnane, Cahalane, Collins, Connolly, Driscoll, Hourihane, Hurley, Looney, McCarthy, Mahony, Sweeney, Young  in Skibbereen area of southwest County Cork, Ireland; Regan in RoaringWater bay area and in Caheragh parish