Author Topic: marriage details  (Read 12097 times)

Offline MC

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: marriage details
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 28 July 05 11:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Genni

Thanks for that...but I only took Reg#  from your post, so you either inadvertently put in 1713 instead of 1723...or I read it incorrectly! Not to worry it's fixed now...

Re: Frederick Boswood b. 1908 Syd., NSW
I was able to find his birth under three surnames HEAGNEY, BOWMAN, BOSWOOD - which I gave to Joy last week  

I formed the view that an Alice C J Heagney who married Montague A Bowman in 1901 Syd., NSW, was his mother.

Also, I found an Alice C J Heagney born, as I said, at Berrima in 1876 - to Thomas & Margaret.

I don't know what happened to Montague as I did not go further into it - left some things for Joy to discover for herself!

Perhaps he went to Victoria & died there? - more clues to unfold? However, I would like to see the surname of this 'Alice Hazel? or Hazel vice versa' in Victoria...was she one and the same as Alice Heagney, Bowman, Boswood??Was it the same Murray Boswood?...stay tuned

The last issue is with Murray Albert Boswood himself, as there was one born to the correct parents in 1887 but he was Murray
Victor Boswood. Another son? born with initial 'M'. lots of siblings of course.

The only positive thing that I can absolutely vouch for, is Frederick's three surnames on his registration..The rest may need certificates to sort it all out.
Cheers Maureen

Down, Ire: Rourke;
Armagh, Ire: Quinn, Read;
London, Eng: Clunne;
Kent, Eng: Clunne, Outred, Piplar;

Offline gennig

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 28 July 05 12:44 BST (UK) »
I'll throw another one into the mix.

There is a William Joseph Heagney born to an Alice Heagney in Victoria in 1907 in Carlton.  Hotham East and Carlton are roughly the same area.

I will say that the Boswood name is not very common so I think that the Murray Victor and Murray Albert are one in the same.

Cheers
Genni

All census look up transcriptions are Crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames:
Armstrong, Gray, Greco, Lambden, Le Busque, Beaton, Carron, Pitt, Gould
Areas:
Victoria, Tasmania, Hampshire, Berkshire, Yorkshire, Fermanagh, Glamorgan

Offline MC

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 28 July 05 13:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Genni

Hmmm! Interesting

Could be her.

Alice had two children to BOWMAN
1902 Arthur J & 1904 Montague H - both boys born Newtown., Syd NSW. - then of course in 1908 Frederick to Boswood.

I found the birth of Montague A BOWMAN also - he born 1877 NSW to John & Elizabeth.
This is probably the John BOWMAN who married Elizabeth Bailey in 1858 NSW - they had lots of children.

Joy said that Alice had been a housekeeper (I hope that meant she kept the house :D!)  The question is where was Montague - poor fellow (with a name like that I couldn't call him a guy!)

Maureen
Down, Ire: Rourke;
Armagh, Ire: Quinn, Read;
London, Eng: Clunne;
Kent, Eng: Clunne, Outred, Piplar;

Offline MJackson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 24 November 13 04:58 GMT (UK) »
Greetings from Orange, NSW. My g/father's youngest sister was Alice Catherine(sometimes Katherine)Jane Heagney who married Montague Albert William Bowman. I've only just joined Rootschat,so I'm interested to see that you or some other researcher has found her "association" with Murray Albert Boswood! I found Montague to be an interesting character(NSW State Records photo Darlinghurst Gaol), left Alice and married Dorothy Simpson with whom he had a daughter, Carmen 1918.Captain 53rd Btn, POW. He died by his own hand 1943 and is buried at Rookwood. I think the DOD of Alice Bowman 1915 could be correct, except parents are listed as Thomas and Elizabeth, whereas her mother was Margaret Ann Ryan born Carlow Ireland, Thomas coming from Lorrha, Tipperary. Won't type any more as I see your last entry was 2005 and you mightn't see this. Margaret

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 24 November 13 06:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

Welcome to RChat  M Jackson

MC has not been online at RChat since 2010.   

I will contact Sarah, one of our Moderators.   

If you post twice more, any RChatter will be able to send you a Personal Message.

Just reply twice more, even if you just type "Hi"for each post.

It helps to 'knock out' spammers.

Cheers,  JM (born and raised on the Lachlan, and of course, familiar with Orange.    My very first set of traffic lights were along Summer St)

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 24 November 13 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Margaret and Welcome to RootsChat :)

It looked like MC's email were not working because she had changed email address. I think I have found a new email address for her and have contacted her to tell of your new reply.

Hope to see MC soon (fingers crossed)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MJackson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 25 November 13 05:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your advice, JM.

Offline MJackson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 25 November 13 05:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for replying, Sarah.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 26 November 13 10:51 GMT (UK) »
I am very sorry MJackson but the other email has bounced back my message this morning, done a little more searching but have not been able to find anything else for MC :'(

MJackson it might be worth you posting a new fresh posting on your research into this family and hopefully MC may come across your new postings and get back intouch :)

Wishing you all the Best with your Research.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk