Author Topic: Minnie Jane Hayward (1879)  (Read 954 times)

Offline jrc11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Minnie Jane Hayward (1879)
« on: Saturday 03 October 15 11:41 BST (UK) »
Minnie Jane Hayward married William Frank Horler in Bath in 1905. Minnie was born in the Aberdare area but by the time of the marriage the family were in Bath. I am unable to find them in the 1911 census. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.
Thank you
Campbell Roscommon
Miles Wiltshire
Hitchings Wiltshire
Hole Somerset
Shaughnessy Roscommon

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Minnie Jane Hayward (1879)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 October 15 12:01 BST (UK) »
Hi

I can see who I think is William age 33 lodging on his own in Bath (married 6 years) but no sign of Minnie.
Sorry
Ciderdrinker

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 October 15 12:25 BST (UK) »
Looking at a free Index, I can see a Minnie Jane Horler, born 1871, in Combe Hay, Bath?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline DRH123

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 03 October 15 14:44 BST (UK) »
Looking at a free Index, I can see a Minnie Jane Horler, born 1871, in Combe Hay, Bath?

Remarkably, there were two Minnie Jane Horlers around at the same time. That one married Matthias Horler in 1901, maiden name Say.  Can't see the other one in the census, but there are several Horler chidren with mother's maiden name Hayward registered in the Midsomer Norton area from 1914 onwards, so it looks like she was still around. Perhaps she was visiting her family in Wales on the census day.

David

Offline jrc11

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 October 15 11:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your replies. Minnie Jane definitley born in Merthyr district registered q1 1879. Her mother was born in Wilts & father in Glos so no family in Wales. As DRH123 says there are many Horler/Hayward births in the right area also many Horler births in the same area prior to 1913. If Ciderdrinker you have the correct William I shall widen my geographic search & see what I come up with.
Thank you
Campbell Roscommon
Miles Wiltshire
Hitchings Wiltshire
Hole Somerset
Shaughnessy Roscommon