Author Topic: ludger Belanger and Rose Anna Lemieux  (Read 1035 times)

Offline charby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
ludger Belanger and Rose Anna Lemieux
« on: Monday 05 October 15 18:36 BST (UK) »
Hi I am looking these people up for a friend. I forget all dates as I have given what I have found to my friend so I don't remember off hand. What i remember is that Ludger belanger was born somewhere around audet,quebec, had a daughter named Albertine and Rina also a son named Emilien,Emilien Belanger died the 15 aug, 2005. Anyways what I am looking for right now is more about Rose Anna Lemieux, I was told that she may of been half indian, which tribe I do not know. she may of been born in the states near the border or Maine, near lac megantic. Sorry I am not too clear on the détails but I am hoping someone can find something. I was told that Rose Anna Lemieux's mother was pure indian????
barrow upon soar , leicestershire:   Darby
loughborough, leicestershire : selby
rempstone , nottingham, selby
nottingham: whitehead
watford, hertfordshire : hull
Derbyshire: Selby
kegworth leics, annable
melton mowbray:Darby

Offline VivienR

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: ludger Belanger and Rose Anna Lemieux
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 October 15 03:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Charby

Ancestry has a marriage record for Ludger and Rose Anna but I didn't see any reference to Rose Anna being native in the marriage record - not sure it would, though.  They were married in 1924 in St. Hubert de Spaulding, Quebec.

Her parents Napoleon Lemieux and Melina Bizier were married in 1903 in St Ephrem De Tring, Quebec.  No mention that they were native either.

Regards
Vivien

Offline JDC

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Passed away 26th June 2022.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 October 15 00:04 BST (UK) »
Good evening charby,

It would be hard to say whether or not she would be consider native or metis - depending on her ancestry. I believe the Department of Indian Affairs has registration records of "indians" and the Metis of Canada organization would have similar for those of "mixed blood". Perhaps those are place that could know the status of your friend's ancestor.

Hope that helps,

JDC
Carpenter - B'ham Warwick,
Cole - Devon
Coy - Germany
Langmaid - Cornwall & Hants
Rayment - Herts & Kent
Holt - ? England

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 October 15 13:32 BST (UK) »
Information on the latest available census gives Rose Anna's birthplace as Quebec. Both parents and all siblings also born in Quebec. Their racial or tribal origin is given as French.

Rose Anna was b. 16 Mar 1904 and baptized 17 Mar 1904 at St Ephram de Tring Quebec.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada