Author Topic: Carruthers 1841 census help!  (Read 8013 times)

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Carruthers 1841 census help!
« Reply #36 on: Friday 09 October 15 18:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you again Looby, you're right of course, my head's mush! X
Thank you again Looby, you're right of course, my head's mush! X

No problem Kaye  ;D. Easy to have a mushy head when we have all the names , dates and places scrambling about inside them.   It would be great to prove that this Elizabeth is Elizabeth Foxton.  Finding a marriage would be wonderful but perhaps the record is lost or never existed in the first place  :-X  If only William Foxton could be found in 1851 , that might help. Or did any of the Foxton children have middle names that might relate to the Airdrie family ???   

Looby :)

Offline KayeG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 09 October 15 18:31 BST (UK) »
Only Mary Ann, Looby.  I've had a search done & there is no record of baptisms for any of the children which may be due to the parents not being married or they may be of another religion however Elizabeth & her sonJohn are buried in the local churchyard so no religious indications there. X

Offline Chris5856

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 09 October 15 19:37 BST (UK) »
This is a long shot and may be a relative. This is from Clarkston cemetery in Old Monkland....

Erected by Elizabeth Caruthers ILMO her husband William McLenachan died 11/11/1881 aged 50y, the above Elizabeth Carruthers died 1/2/1925 aged 90y, also their son John McLenachan beloved husband of Jeanie Paton died 29/12/1925 aged 68y also the above Jeanie Paton died 7/1/1955 aged 93y

Chris
McKay - Belfast / Coatbridge & Airdrie
Quinn - Letterkenny /Coatbridge & Airdrie
Delaney - Airdrie
Shannon - Belfast / Coatbridge & Airdrie
Johnston - Airdrie & Coatbridge
O'Brien - Dublin / Liverpool
Dunn - Liverpool

Offline KayeG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 09 October 15 20:18 BST (UK) »
Thank you Chris, will keep this one in mind. I'm beginning to think that today's made up forenames will make genealogy much easier for future generations.  There can't be too many Daichari  Smiths whilst I'm swimming in Elizabeths. X

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 09 October 15 22:33 BST (UK) »
This is a long shot and may be a relative. This is from Clarkston cemetery in Old Monkland....

Erected by Elizabeth Caruthers ILMO her husband William McLenachan died 11/11/1881 aged 50y, the above Elizabeth Carruthers died 1/2/1925 aged 90y, also their son John McLenachan beloved husband of Jeanie Paton died 29/12/1925 aged 68y also the above Jeanie Paton died 7/1/1955 aged 93y

Chris

Ahh Chris, well done. That looks suspiciously like Elizabeth Carruthers from Clarkston, Airdrie can be crossed off as a potential wife of William Foxton. Can't find a marriage for the couple. But they do have several children in Airdrie. Perhaps the death cert on Scotlands People would clarify and confirm that she is the daughter of John Carruthers and Jane McFloyd/Mcleod/ Dixon .
And I've just remembered and checked......one of the witnesses to the marriage of Mary Jane Carruthers and David Laird is a William McLenaghen  ::)

Back to the drawing board with Elizabeth for Lisa and Kaye , I think.  :)

Looby

Offline LisaRobinson87

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 09 October 15 22:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone for taking time out to look!! It looks as for now they will remain a mystery  :'(
Rogers-Buckinghamshire
Pitwell- Buckinghamshire
Fisher- Middlesbrough
Robinson-Middlesbrough
Foxton - Yorkshire
Carruthers - Scotland
Gibson - Northumberland

Offline KayeG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 11 October 15 16:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you for following that one through folks. As you you say, back to the drawing board for Lisa & me. X

Offline KayeG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 19 October 15 14:56 BST (UK) »
Hello, I'm still floundering with this search but now trying another tack. 
Can anyone see a Scottish birth C1847 - 1850 for a John Carruthers, mother Elizabeth? 
 I have found an English court charge sheet, 1877, relating to a John Carruthers aka William Foxton aged 30 but have been unable to find a BC in either name, south of the border.  Hoping someone can please help me with this. X

Offline Lortol

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 20 September 21 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am coming to this post late after a Google search.
I am wondering if you managed to solve your Carruthers query...in my family tree, there is a John McLenachan born in 1853 (mother's name Elizabeth Carruthers). This is slightly out of your timeline, but I wonder if it could be who you are looking for?