Author Topic: Help to trace further info - Have attestion record but can find nothing more?  (Read 1965 times)

Offline km1971

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help to trace further info - Have attestion record but can find nothing more?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 07 October 15 09:39 BST (UK) »
So if I can prevail on you.... do I have this right?

Joined up/ attested 17 Nov 1915 and placed to reserve - with the Devonshire Regiment 338th?

Mobilised 13 Jun 1916 and attached to  East Surrey Regiment 4th Battalion

He Sue

He was almost certainly in what was called the Derby Scheme. Men volunteered (November 1915) and were then sent home to await being called up (June 1916).

http://www.1914-1918.net/derbyscheme.html

Ken

Offline sue smith

• RootsChat Senior
  • Elizabeth Milward b 1884
    • View Profile
Re: Help to trace further info - Have attestion record but can find nothing more?
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 07 October 15 13:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ken, just been reading up on the Derby scheme. Am really enjoying finding out about a whole new area. My children (inspired by Horrible Histories WW1 special - it's one of their favourites!) are also fascinated and want to take the photo and records into school.
Archer, Walker, Armstrong, King, Watson, Hoodless, Milward, Gate.

Please note that any information supplied to lookup requests is for the purpose of private study and research only, and may not be used for commercial purposes.  All Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 07 October 15 14:00 BST (UK) »

It is a fine photograph. If you post it on the photo restoration board I am sure that someone will fix the damage for you.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/free-photo-restoration/
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sue smith

• RootsChat Senior
  • Elizabeth Milward b 1884
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 07 October 15 14:02 BST (UK) »
I will do that, great suggestion thank you.
Archer, Walker, Armstrong, King, Watson, Hoodless, Milward, Gate.

Please note that any information supplied to lookup requests is for the purpose of private study and research only, and may not be used for commercial purposes.  All Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk