Author Topic: Jones/Foulke family of Llechwedd, Llandrillo - help finding where from..  (Read 1246 times)

Offline jones9

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jones/Foulke family of Llechwedd, Llandrillo - help finding where from..
« on: Tuesday 06 October 15 21:00 BST (UK) »
Dear all,

On a tangent from my last post, I'm trying to find out more about the Jones family of Llechwedd/Tyddyn y Merched, Llandrillo, and more specifically where the children of John (1738-1814) and Dorothy Jones (1743-1827) were born as they do not appear in Llandrillo parish registers:

John & Dorothy Jones' children were:
Giles b.1776, apprenticed to a Grocer in Oswestry, d. 1801
Richard, 1770-1840
Edward, 1774-1835
John, 1766-1829, moved to Oswestry
Catherine (m. John Lewis Jones, Clawddponken, Corwen)

This family share a gravestone with Elizabeth Foulkes (1730-1752) and her father Thomas Foulkes, Dinan, Llandrillo (died 1736), and I can't work out what the connection is to this family. There is a 'Foulke Jones' living in the early 1700s in Llandrillo but does not appear to be related.

If anyone can help with where this family came from it would be a great help! - they seem to have lived in Llandrillo yet no baptisms have taken place here!

Thank you in advance,
Jones9

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline roy3686

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jones/Foulke family of Llechwedd, Llandrillo - help finding where from..
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 October 17 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hi - I have Foulkes and Jones connections to Llandrillo in my wife's family tree. My details are still a bit sketchy because, like you, I am struggling to find records.

Robert J Foulkes was born 1862 in Llandrillo.
Robert married Amy Owen who was born 1864 in Aberdovey.
They had a son David Owen Foulkes, birth record says 1893 in Newport.
David married Annie Jones - born 1896, no record about where.

Robert had siblings:
Elizabeth - born 1857 in Llanfor
Anne - born 1864 in Llandrillo
Jane - born 1867 in Llandrillo
Edward - born 1870 in Llandrillo

I appreciate this does not pin down exactly what you were looking for but the additional names at least identify a Foulkes link with Llandrillo

Hope it helps

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.