Author Topic: "PAPERS PAST" Update Part IV  (Read 15208 times)

Offline PapersPast

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
    • Papers Past
Re: "PAPERS PAST" Update Part IV
« Reply #108 on: Thursday 07 September 17 05:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Spades!

It depends on which browser you use. With Firefox, press "alt" to get the menu at the top, then choose tools --> options --> privacy --> remove individual cookies. Type in the address of the site with the cookie you want to remove, it will show a list, and either remove all or remove a selected one. The session cookie should have "session" mentioned somewhere in its description.

if you use Chrome, go to chrome://settings/content/cookies, then search for the paperspast.natlib.govt.nz cookies and remove the ones you want.

There are similar steps for Safari, Edge, or IE, but unfortunately don't have those installed! In those cases, try this article for a quick guide - https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-delete-cookies-in-chrome-firefox-safari-and-ie/

With PP, you're fine to remove all PP cookies or to just remove a specific one. The key thing is to make sure that at least the session cookie gets deleted. That's the important bit. If you get stuck, just give me a yell!

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Thanks for your help, I'll try and help too
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Yesterday at 23:00 »
p.s. I'd still like to see the New Zealand Police Gazettes appear one day!

That would be awesome!
Jamieson (Aberdeenshire / Otago). Watt (Aberdeenshire/ Southland), Lane (Nova Scotia / England / South Island), Brown (Paisley / Abbey Eat Taieri), Houseal/  Hausihl (Germany / Philadelphia / Nova Scotia / Dover / South Island), Gillespie (Glasgow / Ireland), Farquharson, Urquhart, Kaua (East Coast, North Island), Hughes (Anglesea / East Coast, North Island), Boyd (Scotland / East Coast, North Island), Bulfin (south Island)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline crab2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Today at 00:08 »
you can see the Police Gazettes on Archives website, type in New Zealand Police Gazette and then click on the 909 pages one, then you can either sort by year or go to page 7 and half way down is the start of the Digitised ones

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Thanks for your help, I'll try and help too
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Today at 04:45 »
Thanks Crab!
Jamieson (Aberdeenshire / Otago). Watt (Aberdeenshire/ Southland), Lane (Nova Scotia / England / South Island), Brown (Paisley / Abbey Eat Taieri), Houseal/  Hausihl (Germany / Philadelphia / Nova Scotia / Dover / South Island), Gillespie (Glasgow / Ireland), Farquharson, Urquhart, Kaua (East Coast, North Island), Hughes (Anglesea / East Coast, North Island), Boyd (Scotland / East Coast, North Island), Bulfin (south Island)

Offline crab2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Today at 06:38 »
lol I haven't been called that for a long time lol