Author Topic: Buncrana - McClure/Baldrick  (Read 9787 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Buncrana - McClure/Baldrick
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 10:36 BST (UK) »
Very easy family to find....
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hallmark
If you know how and have guidance - EmPem24 is new to the site and perhaps also to searching
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 10:55 BST (UK) »
With the IGP g/stone photos and name of church they were easy to find.... plus the RIP posted.

Now all that's needed is a letter to Rector or to address named on RIP

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 11:15 BST (UK) »
This family has been so incredibly easy to trace using Google & Family Search that I'm really surprised that you haven't already been able to trace the family yourself (according to a post on another forum you've been looking since at least 2014 and at that time there were several descendants still alive).

Thanks for your help.  I'm glad you were able to find the information with such ease, but it is a lot harder to actually find a contact for a living member of the family, which is what I am trying to do, as I am hoping that photos that were swapped are still in existence.

Irish research can be difficult... in this case it was easy, with all the details on g/stone plus the death announcement on RIP which gives you an address.

This is the g/stone photo which I can post, (as I own Copyright) so quite a bit of a Family tree for you.

One of the easier families to do for all concerned!

best of luck!

Offline LilyE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 31 January 16 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi,  Elizabeth McClure and George Baldrick were my great grandparents. William and Sarah were not on the 1911 Census as they had emigrated to Canada. Sarah to Calgary and William went on to Philadelphia USA. Sarah was in 1901 census as visiting cousins, James Porter in Gransha, Buncrana.  This was the son of Mary Ann McClure, David and Elizabeth's sister. Would love to hear from you. I am the granddaughter of George McClure Baldrick and daughter of Letitia.   I am new to rootschat but I have 1000's of names on my family tree.

Offline LilyE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 01 February 16 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Some more info.  David McClure father was William McClure and his mother was Sarah McIlwaine. William's father was David McClure and his mother was Mary Jane. I don't know her maiden name. Sarah's father was William McIlwaine and her mother was Isabella. Again I don't have a maiden name.  The McClure's came from Ballnashannagh on the Fanad Peninsula near Portsalon, Co. Donegal.

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 07 February 16 10:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello Empem24,
just changing tack a little - I also related to a David McClure - whose sons Samuel McClure went to Australia in 1869 and finished up thru Kilmore, Kaarimba, Seymour, Sunshine and Foster in Victoria.
These McClure were associated with Convoy, Magheranappin and Killynure[Wilson Fort]. There is a good chance that they also had some relationship with Cloghroe and have a connection to the Buchanan's. They are also said to have come from Ayrshire.
Firstly does any of your research replect this?
Secondly where in Australia did your David and his descendants end up?

Cheers
Jack Gee
CECIL - DNA, GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,HARVEY,ALLEN.

Offline Smccr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 09:11 BST (UK) »
Quote from: Lillink=topic=732466.msg5869169#msg5869169 date=1454275594
Hi,  Elizabeth McClure and George Baldrick were my great grandparents. William and Sarah were not on the 1911 Census as they had emigrated to Canada. Sarah to Calgary and William went on to Philadelphia USA. Sarah was in 1901 census as visiting cousins, James Porter in Gransha, Buncrana.  This was the son of Mary Ann McClure, David and Elizabeth's sister. Would love to hear from you. I am the granddaughter of George McClure Baldrick and daughter of Letitia.   I am new to rootschat but I have 1000's of names on my family tree.

Hello my name is Sally, I am empem's mum.  I am new to rootschat and not sure if I am doing this correctly...... You ARE related to us and I would love  to get more info. Etc. Where do you live? Are you in Ireland?
Cheers

Offline Smccr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hello Empem24,
just changing tack a little - I also related to a David McClure - whose sons Samuel McClure went to Australia in 1869 and finished up thru Kilmore, Kaarimba, Seymour, Sunshine and Foster in Victoria.
These McClure were associated with Convoy, Magheranappin and Killynure[Wilson Fort]. There is a good chance that they also had some relationship with Cloghroe and have a connection to the Buchanan's. They are also said to have come from Ayrshire.

Cheers
Jack Gee
Hello Empem24,

Cheers
Jack Gee

Hello Jack Gee
I am Empem's mum, Sally. Our David McClure came to Melbourne and we are mostly in Victoria.  We may be related from way back..... We are on Ancestry.  Will see if I can find out more...... Cheers