Author Topic: Buncrana - McClure/Baldrick  (Read 9760 times)

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Buncrana - McClure/Baldrick
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 06 September 16 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Sally and Empem,
happy to chat about McClures in Victoria or Donegal.

cheers
Jack Gee
GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,GRAHAM,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,BRITTON,HARVEY,ALLEN

Offline Heather Ann dempster

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 04 August 17 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hi my father in law is george McClure dempster his mother was Elizabeth McClure baldrick from buncrana in Ireland

Offline Smccr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 04 August 17 23:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Heather
Thank you for your reply.
I visited Buncrana earlier this year and met relatives I have just found.
I need to get the family tree in front of me to check generations but I think your Elizabeth was my grandfather's first cousin.  It gets quite confusing as the same first names were used by all  branches of the family and passed down.
I have photos of the old farm house where my great grandfather David McClure lived before immigrating to Australia.
Are you still in Ireland? Does your family have any old photos? I have copies of some (including your husband's grandmother - I think) but none of my great grandfather.
Cheers
Sally

Offline LilyE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 05 August 17 12:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather and SMCCR.  I am a cousin of George McClure Baldrick. David McClure was actually from High Carren, Ballynashannagh on the Fanad Peninsula. There were 5 siblings.  His father was William and his mother was Sarah McIlwaine. He was a brother of Elizabeth, my great grandmother. I don't know if he ever lived in Buncrana unless he stayed with Elizabeth for a while.  He had another sister Mary Ann who married a William Porter from Buncrana too. David's brother William also had a son called David and I think this David was wittness at my grandparents wedding. David had another sister Sarah who went to Australia and married a Robert Learmonth. She died in Boolte, Victoria. There were 10 children in that Learmonth family that I have recorded. His sister Isabella also went to Australia and married a George Robson.  I have not found out anything on this family.  I have 8 children recorded for David, 7 children for William, 6 for Elizabeth, and 9 for Mary Anne.

Offline lstattfoy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 25 June 18 18:37 BST (UK) »
Hi - I am the great-granddaughter of Sarah Anne Baldrick (the 'missing' child that emigrated to Calgary, Canada).   I still reside in Calgary.   My mother is the daughter of Sarah's daughter Ethel Letitia Askew (born Calgary). 

6)   Sarah Anne Baldrick (18 Dec.1885 Buncrana-15 Mar.1972 Calgary) to Canada 1907, married 1909, 5 children

Offline lstattfoy1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 07 August 21 07:47 BST (UK) »
Hi!  Sarah is my great grandmother.  She moved to Calgary Alberta.