Author Topic: Benjamin Guest  (Read 3034 times)

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Benjamin Guest
« on: Thursday 22 July 04 07:50 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the parents of Benjamin GUEST. I have two possible birth years either in jan 1843 or in 1845 according to two different sources. he was born in Bridgnorth and the family tale saya he was a descendent of John Guest whose ironwork is found on the churches in Bridgnorth. so far have found no connection!
if anyone can help I would be very grateful.
Ruth Archer
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Guest
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 November 04 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ruth

I had a quick look at the partial Civil Registration Index and found this birth entry:-

GUEST, Benjamin Sutton
March 1845
Bridgnorth
Shropshire
Volume:    18
Page:    21

I also checked 1843 but there was no Benjamin Guest there.  Looks like the one above could be yours.

You can use the above information to purchase the birth certificate which will then give you his parents names.  I buy my certificates online from the GRO http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/births/obtainingbirthcertificates/

Hope this helps

Jan

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin Guest
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 November 04 16:26 GMT (UK) »
hi jan,
thank you for your reply - I have found his parents - they were Samuel and Martha. I had originally seen the benjamin sutton Guest on Free bmd but was not convinced this was him as  I found a misc birth notice on family history on line saying he was born in 1843 and his parents were samuel and martha. this has been confirmed by census info from 1851 onwards. I aslo have Benjamins marriage cert now.
Thanks for the lookup I had forgotten I had posted it!
Ruth
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk