Author Topic: Where is Grandfather Morrison?  (Read 3732 times)

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Where is Grandfather Morrison?
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 17 October 15 21:31 BST (UK) »
This is brilliant. The mystery of John James birth has now been resolved.

For some unknown reason I have not been notified by email on my iPAD of some of the previous replies so had not read those from Lizzie1.

I have now printed all pages for easy reference.

So I now know that Mary Hannah Dean was J J's mother and that she died young and Henry's second wife was Mary Ann Hawkes. Everything now falls into place.

The death for John James Morrison in 1861 is correct as the family knew when he died and where he and Ethel were buried in Southern Cemetery. He had moved to Cheadle Hulme in Cheshire in later life apparently.

I think my next step is to find out more about Mary Hannah Dean's family as she was the direct line and maybe send for her marriage cert. Also like to trace John & Eleanor back another generation.

I am so grateful to all of you who have helped me and can't thank you enough.

poirot :D :D
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 19 October 15 20:42 BST (UK) »
Just found a tree posted on Ancestry. It includes Henry's sister Frances Ellen who married Samuel Mason and goes back another two Morrison generations.

I need to check this out as it will be amazing if the information is correct.

I have sent for the marriage certs of Henry & Mary Hannah Dean and Henry's parents John Morrison & Eleanor Jeff. So if John's father was Thomas then this will be amazing.

It is possible that John Morrison's parents were Thomas & Ann Keith. Thomas 1797 - 1862. Married 1817. They had 11 children

His father also Thomas married Jane Dunn. Thomas b. 1765 m. 1789. They had 5 children.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

poirot
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 22:09 GMT (UK) »
I now have the marriage cert for John Morrison & Eleanor Jeff and his father was Thomas so that takes me back another generation.Also have the marriage cert for Henry Morrison and his first wife Mary Hannah Dean.

I can't find a birth/baptism for her and as she was married in 1877 I would have expected to find her on the 1871 census. Her father was James Dean a Contractor.

Mary Hannah died 12/8/1879 aged 24 yrs and is buried in Stockton Oxbridge Cemetery.

I wonder if this query should be transferred to the Durham board.

poirot