Author Topic: Elijah Smith, born c1834, Shropshire  (Read 3789 times)

Offline Lindsey G

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elijah Smith, born c1834, Shropshire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 January 17 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Very interested to see this.

We have a Lucy Price born abt 1805, Cowley, Staffs and George Florence, b.1807 Burton upon Trent, Staffs as parents of Henrietta (Harriet) Florence/Price born probably Wellington area, Shropshire in abt.1837. Harriet was baptised multiple times (as were several of her siblings) in the Shrops, Staffs and Derbyshire border areas. You can actually trace a circular route on a map between all the baptisms.

Lucy Price was, we believe, the sister of Lettitia Price, born abt 1807 Sherrifhales. Lettitia married John Jones, b 1801, and were parents of John Jones, b.1834 who married/lived with the above Harriet Price/Florence.

So, in other words, the daughter of Lucy Price married the son of her sister Lettitia. These we believe were my 2nd Gt Grandparents. Other names included in my tree are the Warner family.

(There was also a Harriet Jones b.1828, sister of the above John and daughter of Lettitia Price and John Jones. It is possible she may have also used the Price name)

None of this early history has been proved though and we are still waiting for help to confirm this.

Always more than happy to swap notes on this.

Lindsey (nee Jones)

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 20:45 GMT (UK) »
hello Lindsey, very pleased to meet you, I do hope life is keeping you fine,  you know I just want to tell you a story to maybe help you, someone wrote to me once who was Related to my Mother, you know I asked what was your life like and who did you meet, then I was told a story of picking strawberry's , I know its not much of a story, but I was told about a Great Family named Price who was also picking Strawberry's, do you know the Person Related to my Mother said they was nice People, history is not just about the census reports and documents , true that is history but Lindsey, history is history, everything counts, so the Prices I will tell you are good People,  Lee once said   "people shout of names like wood and such as famous but I tell you the Prices are a big name in this day, "

try and look on Sues Romany Genes web site there's lots of information there Good Luck

michael

Offline Lindsey G

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Michael, I have sent you a message. Lindsey  :)

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 22 January 17 14:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lindsey

i do hope your research goes well,  thank you for taking the time to write your message. michael

Offline Fayej

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 03 March 21 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Harriet Florence Price / Jones was my Great great grandmother. There Son Alfred was my Great Grandad and my Grandad was John Alfred Jones born January 1911.